Manager, People Operations (EMEA)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Role and Team
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s People and Culture team as we are looking for a Manager to lead our People Operations function in EMEA. You will be tasked with the management of our People processes supporting our talent in the EMEA region. This position requires strong business partnering skills, operational metric reporting, planning and execution skills, and a high degree of business acumen.
This role can be based in the London Metro area or remote and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Global People Operations.
- Hire and manage a team of People Operations professionals that are responsible for operational support requests, background checks, auditing data quality & compliance procedures, testing new Workday functionality & reports, and trouble-shooting basic system issues.
- Provide operational support and partner with EMEA G&A functions (HR Business Partners, Recruiting, Finance, Legal, IT) to execute on all people-related processes.
- Translate legal and regulatory requirements into system or process requirements and monitor the effectiveness of control design.
- Act as a point of contact for business processes and functional expertise related to the employee life cycle.
- Mentor and develop the talent on the People Operations team.
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures
- 3+ years of HR Operations experience including implementation of HR best practices and procedures, in a technology-based environment
- 3+ years experience managing and mentoring talent
- 2+ years experience in managing Workday (or HRIS) business processes and data quality
- Demonstrated experience supporting at least 500+ employees
- HR operations experience in a high speed, high growth, technology company
- Experience with supporting a service catalog with supporting SLAs
- Familiarity with HRIS best practices
- Demonstrated experience managing remote teams and building cross-functional partnerships
- Comfortable as a hands-on manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Problem solver, able to troubleshoot issues independently or escalate when necessary; sense of accountability
- Organized, data-driven, detail oriented, and execution focused
- Demonstrated experience in handling multiple projects at once with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders
- Self-starter capable of driving results without significant supervision and effective in dealing with ambiguity
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.