Manager, Software Engineering
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As an Engineering Manager at Medallia, you will be leading talented Front End Engineers, whose responsibility is to build (and scale), the foundation of Medallia’s future success. This team is heavily invested in a mission critical project with high visibility that empowers our clients to customize our SaaS product to best suit their business-critical reporting, analytics and feedback workflow needs. You’ll specialize in building responsive and modern user interfaces that scale to 100,000 of users.
- Leading one of our core engineering teams; including attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional talent.
- Partnering with Product Managers/Design to provide technical guidance in support of building a phenomenal product.
- Execution against development projects - their organization, coordination and ongoing management.
- Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to balance innovation, quality, and technical debt.
- Working with a “Think Tank” of peers to develop, define, and deliver against Medallia’s technical roadmap.
- Play an active role in shaping and evangelizing Medallia’s global Front-End engineering organization.
- You’re in standup circles listening to blockers from the team in one moment and sitting in a product strategy with senior leadership in the next.
- You rely on your experience and insight to inspire a high performing engineering team.
- You constantly scour LinkedIn, Hired, and every possible candidate sourcing tool to find great talent, and can recite an elevator pitch about why someone should join your team...in your sleep.
- You appreciate the need of the right amount of process, accountability, and metrics to drive growth.
- You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different development methodologies, tools, and technologies until you find what works for your team and your company overall.
- 3+ years of experience leading/managing high-performance development teams directly managing people.
- 7+ years of experience shipping high quality, customer-centric software.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies.
- Proficient working within a fast-paced, flat, agile, and distributed environment.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field preferred.
- Analytics background and familiarity with reporting tools like Microsoft BI, Tableau, etc.
- Experience in marketing, customer, or employee experience space.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.