Manager, Technical Support Sales (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Technical Support Sales Manager in Medallia’s Technical Support group, you play an integral role supporting the sale of Medallia and the adoption of our Technical Support offering. As the first sales person dedicated to Technical Support sales, this is a unique opportunity to build and lead your own sales business. You will leverage your deep experience in enterprise software and services sales as well as your expert knowledge of Medallia to inspire customer confidence. You help prospects select the right Technical Support Plan to address their specific business needs while advocating the value of our premium support offerings. You are the critical link between commitments made during the sale and delivery during support. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a background in technology, consulting, client management, and pre-sales to take a leading role in transforming the way our clients engage their customers and in driving Medallia’s growth.
In this role, you’ll work with other Medallians and with prospective and existing customers in the following key areas:
- Generate Premium Support pipeline by analyzing new and existing opportunities and engaging with Sales in the sales cycle
- Partner with Sales on new business opportunities by responding to RFPs, supporting sales meetings, and selecting the right Technical Support Plan for clients and prospects
- Highlight the features and benefits of Premium Support and make recommendations to address questions during the sales cycle
- Support SOW and Addendum creation by being an expert on Medallia technology and by representing the interests of customers and the Technical Support team
- Report on new, renewed, expanded, and churned Premium Support revenue to executive leadership
- Work closely with clients during the sales cycle, early in the implementation phase, and through to their transition to Managed Services & Technical Support, to ensure satisfaction
- If needed, you’ll be there to support the Professional Services team and customer on any support related escalation topics
Support Team Engagement and Growth
- Create a culture of achievement and teamwork
- Continually search for ways to improve Support offerings and the methods by which customers are on-boarded to Medallia
- Reach team goals for subscription revenue and group profitability
- Play a leading role in the development of Premium Support and Medallia as we scale, including process, people, and technology
- Lead cross-functional initiatives, e.g., with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Technical Support, and Sales departments
- Speak and present about products and services to both external and internal audiences
- Organize and host Technical Support sponsored events and content during Medallia conferences
- This role will require up to 25% travel post Covid-19 Medallia travel restrictions
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with 3 years focused on services sales, technology consulting, project management or customer management
- Demonstrated experience with the sales cycle in one or more of the following areas: up selling, change orders, professional services sales, or solution best practices
- Track record of consistently meeting objectives and exceeding targets at top-performing companies
- Demonstrated interest in technology, including comfort with technical concepts and ability to learn new technology applications
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with both technical and business team members
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Experience in enterprise software, IT consulting, management consulting, or market research
- Experience with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, CPQ, and Billings
- Strong ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.