Manager, Text Analytics (Chinese)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Text Analytics & Social team implements and manages the Medallia text analytics and social platform for leading global companies across retail, financial services, hospitality, high-tech and other industries, including the public sector. As a member of the team, you will work with senior decision makers at admired brands on a mission critical task — helping companies improve in the eyes of their ultimate judges: customers. You work with cutting-edge technology and tackle real business problems. You consult with clients to address and answer specific business questions they may have, as well as proactively analyze and study their data to provide valuable insights and findings that may not currently be known or evident to the client. You will gain exposure to a wide range of industries and work with great colleagues. You position yourself for many career options, not only in Professional Services but also in Marketing, Product, and Sales. And, mainly, you get to build: Build improvements for our customers, build a great company, and build a new industry.
As a Manager on the Text Analytics & Social team, you will own and oversee the design of Medallia’s text analytics and social solutions. You will support the ongoing development and success of Medallia’s client platforms, and will be responsible for the health of a portfolio of programs. You will also provide leadership and mentoring to other members of the Text Analytics & Social team as well as the other Professional Services teams.
- Lead text analytics implementations and program enhancements for English and Chinese language projects
- Provide support to senior team members on top tier accounts
- Routinely consult with client core teams and business stakeholders on how to leverage text analytics / social solutions to improve business outcomes
- Delegate tasks and allot time for project team members
- Develop text analytics and social expertise and act as primary Subject Matter Expert (SME) for project team members
- Identify and map business processes to text categorization rules in English and Chinese
- Create and implement analytics reports using the Medallia software
- Develop a thorough understanding of product features and setup configurations that are relevant to each client program and industry
- Assist in the development of best practices and tool kits
- Provide constructive product feedback to Medallia Product Management
- Engage in new product launches and cross-functional initiatives with Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in linguistics or a language related field
- 4+ years experience in enterprise software, management or IT consulting, project management, customer management, market research, or similar experience
- Native speaker of Chinese and near-native fluency in English, including knowledge of the inner workings of the grammar and lexicons for both
- Demonstrated experience multi-tasking and handling a large portfolio of accounts with competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Background in linguistics or a language-related field
- Prior project management experience
- 2+ years working on medium to large data analytics projects
- Strong working knowledge of text mining, information retrieval, machine learning, or natural language processing
- Excellent problem solving, decision-making, and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to handle tasks requiring a keen sense of attention to detail
- Passion for constant improvement and a self-starter
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals and deadlinesAbility to work both independently and in a tight knit team
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.