Marketing Strategy & Operations Director
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Marketing team as we are looking for a Marketing Strategy & Operations Director with a track record of supporting a complex marketing organization. This role provides program management, marketing performance analytics, and investment planning that will help support our breakaway growth objectives.
This key marketing operations leader will report to the CMO, and will have a unique opportunity to partner closely with leadership across the organization with a focus on fast and iterative customer insights and strong financial modeling and investment. This position will be the primary interface between marketing and its key partner teams and stakeholders in Finance, Sales, and Sales Operations all over the world.
- Partner with the CMO and other marketing leaders to set, manage and execute on the Marketing vision and deliver the marketing plans to support breakaway growth.
- Manage and balance the global budget; drive fiduciary responsibility; work with all regions to track & report performance.
- Drive development of processes, systems and infrastructure that enable Marketing to scale globally.
- Own annual planning and budget cycle in alignment with regional marketing leadership and all business stakeholders.
- Lead annual planning process, in coordination with CMO directs, to truly create integrated, global campaigns, content and enablement.
- Drive and own challenging decisions on resource alignment, both people and dollars, across the business to meet changing needs.
- Develop core performance scorecard for the global organization and support with robust reporting and dashboards; prioritize issues for attention and financial investment shifts and decisions.
- Build and maintain key relationships with global leaders from Sales, Finance, Product and SalesOps.
- Represent and champion Marketing across cross-department SteerCos including IT, strategic planning and GTM.
- Strategic alignment and integration of acquisitions in the areas of onboarding, enablement, marketing technology alignment, planning to performance process.
- Strong understanding of Marketing technology landscape, measurement and attribution approaches
- Agility and speed in decision making with comfort taking an iterative approach
- Knowledge of SAAS industry issues, trends and business models essential
- Strong project management skills, able to prioritize by working closely with the marketing and sales teams for best roadmap
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication and relationship building skills
- Advocate for diversity and inclusion
- 10+ years of overall Marketing, Sales, Operations, and/or Financial Planning experience, with at least 2 years of experience in a strategy and analysis role
- 2+ years of experience in Marketing operations, planning, execution and reporting process including project management and prioritization
- Demonstrated experience managing executive stakeholder relationships across multiple functions and presenting to senior leaders and stakeholders including C-level
- Demonstrated technical and finance experience in driving rigor in planning and analysis
- 10+ years of experience in marketing growth and/or strategy positions
- Experience in a large, fast-growing SaaS company and/or in the high-tech sector
- Undergraduate and MBA Degree
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.