Mid-Market Sales Director, Nonprofit (Austin)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As part of Medallia’s Mid-Market Team for Nonprofits, you will be dedicated to enabling nonprofits in the US with the tools to listen to their constituents -- to help create a world where everyone has a voice, so nonprofits provide best-in-class experiences for those they serve. You will also help Medallia invest more back into our communities, as we propel more nonprofit missions with our products.
Mid-Market is the fastest growing division at Medallia! You will play a critical role in building this new vertical from the ground up, along with managing every opportunity from the beginning until close
• Collaborate with nonprofit customers & prospects to clearly define current challenges and pain related to achieving overall business and impact objectives
Generate net new business and expansion of presence in nonprofit accounts within your patch (accounts are up to $1b in revenue)
• Balance between heavy pipeline generation, outbound prospecting, and running tight sales cycles from start to finish
• Perform sales presentations/demonstrations to match Medallia's solutions and value proposition with identified business needs
• Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales by possessing a full understanding of customers’ specific decision-making and purchasing process
• Collaborating closely with Medallia ecosystem (Pre-Sales, Professional Services and Legal teams) to help formulate the vision, GTM strategy, and execution plan for the nonprofit vertical
• Up to 30% travel
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years proven mid-market SaaS sales experience selling complex business applications/technology solutions at the C-Suite level
- Prior experience selling to and partnering with nonprofits
- Proven top performer (consistently exceeds targets)
- Passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on the world.
- Experience working with and nurturing relationships via TechSoup or similar intermediary nonprofits / communities. Working knowledge of Salesforce/CRM, Excel and other productivity tools
- Strong network in the industry through community groups such as the Association of Fundraising Professionals
- Strong executive presence and presentation experience (both in-person and over video calls)
- A sound understanding of the sales processes and associated best practices (MEDDICC, Challenger, etc.)
- Prior work experience and knowledge of solution-selling strategies and business value selling
- Onsite candidates in Austin are preferred; remote can be considered as needed
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.