Nonprofit Market Development and Sales Director
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As part of Medallia’s social impact arm, Medallia.org, you will be dedicated to enabling nonprofits with the tools to listen to their constituents -- to help create a world where everyone has a voice, so nonprofits provide best-in-class experiences for those they serve. You will also help Medallia.org scale our impact tremendously -- as we enable more nonprofits with our products, we are able to invest more back into our communities through employee volunteering and charitable giving. It’s a cycle of goodness.
This role will report to the Global Head of Social Impact. As a startup within Medallia, you will play a critical role in architecting, implementing and scaling Medallia’s Go To Market program for nonprofits.
- Market Development
- Collaborating closely with the Medallia ecosystem (Sales, Professional Services, Marketing, and Legal teams) to help formulate and operationalize the vision, GTM strategy, and execution plan for nonprofits. This includes determining the balance between Medallia.org’s donation and discounting program for nonprofits, along with sales with strategic accounts.
- Collaborate with nonprofit customers & prospects to clearly define current challenges and pain related to achieving overall business and impact objectives.
- Define and continuously refine strategic plans for your list of strategic target accounts to generate net new business and expand usage for nonprofit customers.
- Strategic Sales
- Balance between heavy pipeline generation, outbound prospecting, and running tight sales cycles from start to finish.
- Performing sales presentations/demonstrations to match Medallia's solutions and value proposition with identified business needs.
- Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales by possessing a full understanding of customers’ specific decision-making and purchasing process.
- Prior experience building GTM strategy, selling to, and partnering with nonprofits.
- Proven top performer (consistently exceeds targets).
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years proven SaaS sales experience selling complex business applications/technology solutions at the C-Suite level.
- Passionate about technology and its ability to have a meaningful impact on the world.
- Demonstrated ability to create something from nothing -- taking a concept and creating a robust plan, implementing, and successfully producing results against the plan.
- Experience working with and nurturing relationships via TechSoup or similar intermediary nonprofits/ communities.
- Strong network in the industry through community groups such as the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce/CRM, Excel and other productivity tools.
- A sound understanding of the sales processes and associated best practices (MEDDICC, Challenger, etc.).
- Prior work experience and knowledge of solution-selling strategies and business value selling.
- Strong executive presence and presentation experience (both in-person and over video calls).
Open to remote locations (within the US) At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.