People Partner, HRBP
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Medallia People and Culture (P&C) team speaks directly to its name. The company’s cultivator of talent, champion of development, and safekeeper of culture, People and Culture defines Medallia both as a brand and employer. Inspired to find and bring out the best, we’re responsible for our people processes: recruitment, hiring, onboarding, benefits, performance management and growth, and support during life-changing moments. Our team balances playfulness and collegiality with dogged ownership of our work.
In this role, you will support the Head of P&C, and Total Rewards lead, and approximately 160 Medallians across the EMEA and APAC regions although both regions are growing in size. You will serve as the primary P&C point of contact for early to mid-career Medallians.
At Medallia, the HR Business Partner team solves complex organizational challenges with a people lens; the emphasis is equal on each word in the title:
HR - You’ll apply a people lens to complex organizational and business challenges.
Business - Your business acumen will set you apart from the crowd.
Partner - While you’re a core member of the People and Culture team, you’ll work so closely with your key business groups that they value you as part of their team.
To be successful, you’ll need to challenge the status quo, push your partners to be great, and use data in addition to your laser sharp people instincts to drive decisions. As a core part of this role, you will be delivering critical people programs including compensation, performance and development. Across these programs, you will work to create structured and objective processes, and an environment where all Medallians feel a sense of belonging.
You have the chance to own your career path as we build and grow a world-class organisation. This opportunity is a full-time role (flexible working pattern can be accommodated), EMEA & APAC remit, and is based in our London, UK office with minimal travel.
- Serve as a sounding board, coach, and counsellor by being the primary P&C point of contact for early to mid-career Medallians ; build listening posts and develop a keen understanding of current sentiment, cultural concerns, and opportunities to advance how we do business and work together (e.g. through weekly ‘office hours’, coffee chats, new manager check-ins).
- Partner with our HR Centers of Excellence across Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, Total Rewards, Employee Relations and Diversity & Inclusion to design solutions for your business including but not limited to developing a deep understanding of the competitive talent landscape with respect to future needs of the organization, partnering on people processes, global mobility and HR administration, enhancing the employee experience, and supporting employee relations concerns in partnership with the Head of P&C.
- Analysis and development of organizational design and effectiveness, supporting Medaliia’s geo expansion across EMEA and APAC, including restructuring and workforce planning.
- Delivery of core P&C programs, and best-in-class training/coaching in support of these programs across multiple business areas and throughout the employee life cycle, including Voice of Medallia, compensation cycles and other reward and recognition initiatives, support of New Hire Orientation and onboarding activities, conducting of exit interviews, analysing and feeding back on data, and support of all performance management activities.
- Support the creation and delivery of best-in-class training to support the above activities.
- Contribute to our fortnightly EMEA All Hands meetings, weekly Happy Hours, and monthly EMEA Recognition Awards and EMEA “Fun Police” informal culture group.
- Management of People Dashboards, analysis of trends and metrics, and development of future programs to address people issues.
- Comprehensive systems management of Medallia’s HRIS, Workday, for administration of employee life cycle events, best-practice audits (probation, annual leave) and regional reporting.
- 4+ years of combined HR experience (i.e. HR business partnership, operations, compensation programs, talent acquisition or similar)
- BA/BS degree with focus in HR or Business, or equivalent practical experience
- Masters Degree in Human Resources
- CIPD qualification
- Experience in international HR partnership
- Strong verbal and written communication capabilities, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize competing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to influence and shape perspectives through a variety of techniques and across multiple levels of stakeholders
- Ability to assess, coach and develop talent
- Proven ability to analyze data, understand trends, develop appropriate visualizations for senior leader consumption, and develop recommendations for action; accuracy and attention to detail are key
- Strong business acumen; clear articulation and understanding of the business model, operations and financial structure
- Previous experience in coaching, influencing, facilitation and presentation, training delivery, process development, analysis and problem solving
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.