Principal Product Manager, EX
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a leader to manage products and solutions for Employee Experience. You will be in a highly visible, key role, setting the strategic direction and definition of the Employee Experience solution at a world-class enterprise SaaS company. The solution management team is part of the Product organization and is responsible for bringing prebuilt solutions to market that combine software applications, integrations and market leading best practices to jumpstart experience management programs. If you are passionate about driving a product’s strategy, getting to know its customer, building and taking to market solutions that some of the biggest brands will use, this role is for you!
The Role & Responsibilities
- Evaluate market trends, sales data and competitive landscape to develop a point of view on solution priorities.
- Identify opportunities across Medallia’s product suite and partner ecosystem to deliver value to customers.
- Understand customer pain points and champion the voice of the customer within the rest of the organization to influence strategic direction of the business.
- Articulate business justification for investments, formulate a solution roadmap based on market insights and present to a diverse audience including senior leadership.
- Collaborate with and lead cross-functional teams including sales, marketing, services, alliances, solution architects and product management to ensure successful ideation, build, go-to-market and customer success.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand the context and prioritize problems in order to precisely articulate them and define product requirements.
- Work closely with design, engineering, and data science teams to design, define, develop and deliver scalable solutions.
- Responsible for identifying risks, communicating those risks and recommending solutions that mitigate them.
- 7+ years experience in product management or solution management at an enterprise SaaS company.
- 7+ years experience using SCRUM tools to manage the product milestones and communicate priorities.
- Experience as an Employee Experience practitioner with a demonstrated passion for advancing experience management.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Exceptional communicator and comfortable in presenting to both business and technical executives as well as 1:1 to customers.
- Proven track record of shipping products by translating vision into a product roadmap, collaborating with engineering on product delivery, and taking the product to market.
- Exceptional at planning, setting expectations, making and meeting commitments.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.