Product Manager, Security
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As the market leader in Customer and Employee Experience Management, we are trusted by the world’s most revered organizations—Marriott, Bank of America, IBM, The LEGO Group, Mercedes Benz, Department of Veterans Affairs, and many more—to handle their customers’ and employees’ data. We know how critical data security is to our customers, many of whom operate in highly regulated industries like finance, healthcare, and telecom, and we maintain industry-leading practices to protect that data.
We are looking for a talented and analytical product manager to help drive our platform’s security vision and related features forward. As a member of the product team, you will be directly contributing to vision, innovation, and development for a platform used by hundreds of the world’s largest brands to collect and distribute feedback on BILLIONS of customer and employee experiences each year.
- Gain deep insights into articulated and unarticulated market needs through on-going engagement with customers, prospects, and business stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations to product leadership based on industry/customer research, and drive consensus and roadmap for respective product areas.
- Precisely articulate problems, define product requirements, and prioritize the roadmap to ship awesome products, balancing short-term and long-term objectives.
- Inspire a team of engineers to solve the most impactful problems, innovating to delight customers while delivering high-quality, scalable solutions.
- Participate in customer and prospect facing conversations and events as a subject matter expert.
- Communicate vision, priorities, and status to executive leadership on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in science, engineering, or related quantitative field.
- Passionate about technology and the Security space.
- Understanding of security technology used in cloud platforms such as encryption technology, roles and permissions, application, API and mobile security, and secure data transfer.
- 2+ years of product management or equivalent technical role experience, including building or delivering security features.
- Exceptional at planning, setting expectations, making and meeting commitments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- B2B SaaS product experience, ideally with a focus on enterprise security.
- An understanding of the buying behaviors and underlying needs of the enterprise related to security and compliance.
- Awareness of compliance standards, e.g. ISO 27001, SOC2, HIPAA, GDPR, FedRAMP.
- Product experience creating and working with APIs as well as front end software applications.
- Proven track record of shipping products by translating vision into a product roadmap, collaborating with engineering on product delivery, and taking the product to market.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.