Product Manager, Sense360 (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Sense360, part of Medallia, builds products that stitch together cutting-edge datasets to transform how companies make strategic decisions. Our customers, some of the top brands and agencies in the world, utilize our tools to gain insight into their customers, competitors, and market opportunities in near-real time. Sense360 began over 6 years ago and emerged as a fast-growing market research start-up before being acquired by Medallia in September 2020. With Medallia’s broad capabilities as the leader in customer experience and the environment of Sense360 that is still very much like a start-up, this is truly an exciting place to be!
This role will focus on the foundation of Sense360 by Medallia’s products--collecting and transforming big datasets. Specifically, you will own our first party collection and transformation of mobile sensor and survey data. This will touch a variety of products including our mobile SDKs that collect sensor data, machine learning algorithms that transform mobile sensor data into meaningful business metrics, and our survey tools.
- Own roadmap and execution for Sense360’s first party data products.
- Conceive and define new enhancements to mobile SDKs, data pipelines, and survey system.
- Stay up to date on mobile technology trends and proactively respond to changes in the mobile landscape.
- Engage with business stakeholders, mobile app partners, and end customers to understand the context and prioritize problems in order to precisely articulate them and define product requirements.
- Work closely with design, engineering, and data science teams to design, define, develop and deliver systems.
- Understand and balance the needs of Sense360 by Medallia, mobile app partners and end customers to sustain and scale Sense360’s first party data.
- Drive international expansion of Sense360’s first party data.
- Responsible for identifying risks, communicating those risks and recommending solutions that mitigate them.
- 3+ years of product management or experience at high-growth startups or from a large, world-class, enterprise product organization.
- Proven track record of shipping products by translating vision into a product roadmap, collaborating with engineering on product delivery, and taking the product to market.
- Experienced in using agile tools to manage the product milestones and communicate priorities.
- Strong business acumen and analytical thinking skills.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development.
- Exceptional at planning, setting expectations, making and meeting commitments.
- Experience with the market research/survey space.
- Direct product experience working with mobile SDKs and/or data pipelines.
- Based in or willing to relocate to the greater LA area. Sense360 by Medallia is working remotely during the pandemic and will continue to do so until there is consensus from public health experts that it is safe to go back. Sense360 by Medallia will likely be moving to a hybrid remote / in-person arrangement.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.