Professional Services - Senior Experience (XP) Consultant (Remote)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
Medallia Experience (XP) consulting team partners with our clients and internal Medallia teams to enhance the development of best-in-class Customer (or Employee) Experience programs. The Senior Experience Consultant provides consulting and advisory services across a wide variety of strategic CX topics to drive the success of the Medallia program within the client’s organisation and to propel the maturity of the client’s overall program. Internally, the Senior Experience Consultant provides thought leadership, training, and mentorship to advance the breadth and depth of Experience expertise across the organisation. Externally, they share their expertise via contributions to articles, webinars, participation in conferences, etc.
The Senior Experience Consultant leads the experience workstreams on one to many client projects or programs, and builds trusted advisor relationships with senior-level executives and client team leads in order to have effective and impactful engagements. They are responsible for the client adoption by educating the client on best practices, training on the platform, leading the successful rollout of the program, and providing strategic guidance to evolve the program and drive client value.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure client programs are designed to meet clients’ business objectives and achieve high levels of user adoption and engagement
- Recommend client CX/EX focus based on data analysis and best practices to achieve client’s business objectives
- Educate the client on opportunities to continuously improve, design and differentiate customer and employee experiences through the use of Medallia solutions
- Design surveys to illustrate the ROI and business value of customer/employee experience improvements.
- Leads the experience workstream for many experience projects or programs, driving success through key XP checkpoints and milestones
- Tracks client engagement and adoption of the platform
- Familiarity with CX Technology platforms like Medallia and others
- Partner with Project/Program Managers to build strategic program road map
- Proactive member of XP community/track, sharing account best practice and learnings, and coaching more junior or less experienced colleagues
- Collaborate with PS Leadership and Sales to identify whitespace opportunities to grow account bookings and revenue
- Demonstrating CX/EX Knowledge and Expertise. Provide internal and external guidance, and demonstrate mastery of CX/EX transformation and change management concepts, with applicable client context.
- Building Trust. Drive creative solutions and custom approaches for maximum client impact
- Collaborating and Influencing Others. Facilitate senior level client discussions or resolutions (ie. to set XP vision and strategy); Set table for new product/service introductions by Sales ecosystem
- Developing Experience Talent. Specializes XP expertise within an industry or vertical, and enables/mentors others
- Prior experience as a client-facing consultant successfully leading customer experience programs or leading XP programs client-side
- 5+ years’ experience in Customer Experience roles. Employee experience desirable but not essential
- Customer Experience training or working towards CCXP certification or equivalent or ability to become certified within 6 months of joining Medallia
- Prior experience leading customer/employee experience workstreams
- Prior experience leveraging insights to develop products, propositions and services desirable
- Capable of working independently and assuming the role of team leader
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication, workshop facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to build and articulate the business case for CX/EX transformation
- Sales acumen and the ability to convert customer discussion into billable XP work
Qualifications & Education Requirement:
- 7+ years of work experience, with a minimum of 5 years of driving client-facing experience programs and/or advising clients
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proven experience simultaneously managing multiple projects in a matrixed organization without direct supervisory responsibilities
- Willingness to travel, up to 100%, will be determined by client needs and individuals geographic location
- Experience working in Financial Services, Retail or Automotive industries desirable
- Fluency in other European language desirable
- Role can be located in Germany, France or Spain
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.