Professional Services, Senior Technical Manager (Remote)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
Our technical team plays a central role in our customer’s success. We embody technical excellence and set the industry bar in driving innovative and high-quality solution design. This role is an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys solving complex business problems through technical design, upholding quality standards, and driving strategic adoption of new products and technologies.
As a Senior Technical Manager, you will be the primary owner of the technical architecture of our clients' Medallia programs and will be at the heart of enabling and scaling technical expertise across the professional services ecosystem. It's a big job that offers an incredible opportunity to drive value not only for Medallia, but also for the world-class companies we serve.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the technical design and configuration of Medallia products and services on high-complexity programs
- Manage communications and relationships with client technology and IT stakeholders
- Drive technical success for assigned accounts by delivering high quality, scalable architecture, that delivers positive business outcomes.
- Own and drive the technical health strategy for a portfolio of accounts. Partner with Sales and Customer Success to identify technical roadmaps for accounts within portfolio.
- Advance technical innovation across assigned portfolio of accounts
- Accelerate technical enablement and upleveling across your teams and the broader PS technical ecosystem
- 7+ years of experience designing technical architecture in the software industry
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- 3+ years of prior experience leading a team
- Understanding of common security concepts and standards (SSO, SAML, OAuth, etc.)
- Ability to develop data architectures - designing data flows that are aligned with customer information systems.
- Able to travel up to 10%.
- Education: BA/BS, with evidence of technical experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise software technologies (CRM, ERP, HRIS, etc.)
- Advanced degree
- Passion for helping clients; empathy for their challenges, ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with client stakeholders.
- Solution-oriented; passion for creative problem solving, comfortable tackling new and undefined problem spaces.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and translate between complex business problems and technical concepts.
- Strong technical project management and stakeholder management skills.
- Dedicated to enabling others through effective teaching, coaching, and knowledge distribution.
- Desire for continuous learning and proactively driving initiatives for improvement.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.