Professional Services, Senior Technical Manager
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Our technical team plays a central role in our customer’s success. We embody technical excellence and set the industry bar in driving innovative and high-quality solution design. This role is an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys solving complex business problems through technical design, upholding quality standards, and driving strategic adoption of new products and technologies.
As a Senior Technical Manager, you will be the primary owner of the technical architecture of our clients' Medallia programs and will be at the heart of enabling and scaling technical expertise across the professional services ecosystem. It's a big job that offers an incredible opportunity to drive value not only for Medallia, but also for the world-class companies we serve.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the technical design and configuration of Medallia products and services on high-complexity programs
- Manage communications and relationships with client technology and IT stakeholders
- Drive technical success for assigned accounts by delivering high quality, scalable architecture, that delivers positive business outcomes.
- Own and drive the technical health strategy for a portfolio of accounts. Partner with Sales and Customer Success to identify technical roadmaps for accounts within portfolio.
- Advance technical innovation across assigned portfolio of accounts
- Accelerate technical enablement and upleveling across your teams and the broader PS technical ecosystem
- 7+ years of experience designing technical architecture in the software industry
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing role
- 3+ years of prior experience leading a team
- Understanding of common security concepts and standards (SSO, SAML, OAuth, etc.)
- Ability to develop data architectures - designing data flows that are aligned with customer information systems.
- Able to travel up to 25%.
- Education: BA/BS, with evidence of technical experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise software technologies (CRM, ERP, HRIS, etc.)
- Advanced degree
- Passion for helping clients; empathy for their challenges, ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with client stakeholders.
- Solution-oriented; passion for creative problem solving, comfortable tackling new and undefined problem spaces.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and translate between complex business problems and technical concepts.
- Strong technical project management and stakeholder management skills.
- Dedicated to enabling others through effective teaching, coaching, and knowledge distribution.
- Desire for continuous learning and proactively driving initiatives for improvement.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.