Professional Services, Technical Account Manager (Boston)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Our Professional Services Delivery team plays a central role in our customer’s success, embodies excellent customer service, and sets the industry bar in relationship management and strategic program design. This role is an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys creative project/program management, skilled relationship development, and demonstrates finesse in using technology to solve business challenges. The role would be specifically focused on our largest, most strategic accounts, making sure accounts are supported on a day to day basis around the technical usage of Medallia products, promoting technical enhancements and training, and resolving escalations via non-billable work. Our Technical Account Managers are at the heart of Medallia’s partnerships with our clients and support the ongoing relationship with our customers. They successfully drive adoption and deliver value to clients through Medallia's suite of products and services. It is a big job that offers an incredible opportunity to drive value not only for Medallia, but also for the world-class companies we serve. This role in Professional Services does not carry a billable utilization target.
- Own and manage multi-level client stakeholder relationships (C Level and below) across multiple strategic accounts, including cross-functional touchpoints
- Own and resolve day to day PS issues and escalations on accounts either directly or through the billable PS teams as appropriate depending on available client hours; you will be required to be hands-on fixing issues especially if non-billable
- Work closely with CSM, PS Regional Leads and Project Managers, and Sales Directors to ensure renewals are delivered, preferably with expansion and zero churn
- Design, develop, plan, and execute strategic program roadmaps for clients that drive optimum adoption and are rooted in a deep understanding of customer’s businesses goals, including driving product enhancements to data analysis
- Regularly report on account adoption status, correction of error actions, and program evolution opportunities to group functions
- Support quarterly and annual business reviews
- Leverage the latest Medallia Experience Cloud’s tools, features and functionality to your customer’s needs
- Develop and manage project plans to drive adoption while driving the internal coordination and execution of tasks across teams
- Deliver scoping of services as required
- Education: BA/BS, with evidence of technical education or equivalent technical experience required in SaaS industry
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, with prior role(s) in customer relationship management, strategic program management, consulting, sales/business development, account management, and/or project management in a business-to-business environment
- 3+ years of experience in running implementations of enterprise applications is required (eg. CRM, ERP, HRMS)
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Experience directly working in one of the following industries: Software, Telco, Financial Services, Automotive, B2B (any industry), and/or Retail
- Technical understanding of CX products and solutions, preferably Medallia Experience Cloud
- Advanced degree, PMP certification
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.