Professional Services, Technical Account Manager
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Our Professional Services Delivery team plays a central role in our customer’s success, embodies excellent customer service, and sets the industry bar in relationship management and strategic program design. This role is an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys creative project/program management, skilled relationship development, and demonstrates finesse in using technology to solve business challenges. The role would be specifically focused on our largest, most strategic accounts, making sure accounts are supported on a day to day basis around the technical usage of Medallia products, promoting technical enhancements and client adoption, and resolving escalations via non-billable work.
Our Technical Account Managers are at the heart of Medallia’s partnerships with our clients and support the ongoing relationship with our customers. They successfully drive adoption and deliver value to clients through Medallia's suite of products and services. It is a big job that offers an incredible opportunity to drive value not only for Medallia, but also for the world-class companies we serve. This role in Professional Services does not carry a billable utilization target.
- Own and manage multi-level client stakeholder relationships (C Level and below) across multiple strategic accounts, including cross-functional touchpoints.
- Own and resolve day-to-day delivery issues and escalations on accounts through the billable Medallia PS teams or Partner Delivery teams (if applicable). As a non-billable resource, you will be required to be hands-on resolving technical issues.
- Design, develop, plan, and execute strategic program roadmaps for clients that drive optimum adoption and are rooted in a deep understanding of customer’s business goals, including driving product enhancements and data analysis.
- Work closely with cross-functional Medallia teams in Professional Services, Customer Success, Sales, and Partner teams (if applicable) to ensure renewals are delivered, preferably with expansion and zero churn
- Apply your expert understanding of Medallia’s product suite to leverage the optimal capabilities to meet your customers’ needs
- Regularly report on account adoption status, correction of error actions, and program evolution opportunities to both internal and external client and partner stakeholders.
- Support quarterly and annual business reviews run by Medallia or Partner core delivery teams.
- Develop and manage technical project plans to drive adoption and servicing through-put while coordinating efforts across both internal and external teams.
- Deliver scoping of services as required
- Education: BA/BS, with evidence of technical education or equivalent technical experience required in SaaS industry
- 3+ years of experience in running implementations of enterprise applications (eg. CRM, ERP, HRMS)
- Experience with product development lifecycles and processes while engaging with internal R&D teams (e.g. Product Management, Engineering)
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, with prior role(s) in customer relationship management, strategic program management, consulting, sales/business development, account management, and/or project management in a business-to-business environment
- Experience working with an ecosystem of delivery partners ranging from GSIs, Market Research, and boutique implementers.
- Able to travel up to 25%
- Experience directly working in one of the following industries: Software, Telco, Financial Services, Automotive, B2B (any industry), and/or Retail
- Technical understanding of CX products and solutions, preferably Medallia Experience Cloud
- Advanced degree, PMP certification
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.