Professional Services, Technical Manager
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Professional Services team deploys and manages the Medallia feedback platform for leading global companies across retail, financial services, hospitality and high tech. As a member of the team, you will partner with senior decision makers at some of Medallia’s largest clients on a mission critical task—helping them improve in the eyes of their customers. You will work with cutting-edge technology and tackle real business problems and gain exposure to software implementation and servicing to enhance a huge enterprise’s customer experience. In addition, you will work with great colleagues. You will develop your customer-first mindset, learn about positioning compelling product features to customers, and manage our product delivery against customer needs. Most importantly, you get to build: build a great company, build awesome relationships and programs with our customers and colleagues all while building an exciting new industry.
As a Professional Services Technical Manager you will oversee the technical design and delivery of Experience Management solutions for customers. You will be seen as the expert on Medallia’s platform and our technical capabilities, and you will provide leadership and mentorship to other members of the Professional Services team.
This is the ideal opportunity for someone with a background in technology and an analytical mind, who is excited to tackle new challenges, question the status quo, provide thought leadership, and who is driven to find solutions that delight clients and colleagues.
Deployment and Evolution of Medallia Solutions
- Lead technical delivery for complex accounts and projects with high level thinking and execution, through effective partnership with a Project Manager.
- Lead the deployment of integrations between Medallia and popular SaaS platforms, like Salesforce, Adobe, and ServiceNow, etc.
- Drive program success through high quality, scalable architecture, that delivers positive business outcomes.
- Engage with clients to understand business cases and provide platform recommendations.
- Own and drive the technical health strategy for assigned accounts.
- Provide direction and advice on the architecture, quality, and sustainability of Medallia’s programs.
- Leverage knowledge to guide other Professional Services team members through system design, configuration and deployment.
- Identify knowledge gaps and lead efforts to define and share best practices across Medallia.
- Partner with Engineering and Product on feature releases on assigned accounts.
- Lead critical initiatives such as Quality, Debt, and Scale, driving platform and process improvements that enable Medallia to meet the growing needs of our clients.
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry, with extensive knowledge of enterprise software technologies (CRM, ERP, HRIS, etc.).
- Understanding of common security concepts and standards (SSO, SAML, OAuth, RBAC, etc.).
- Ability to develop data architectures - designing data flows that are aligned with customer information systems.
- Hands-on experience with popular SaaS applications, such as Salesforce, Adobe, and ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, including comfort with technical concepts and self-guided learning.
- Passion for helping clients; empathy for their challenges, ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with client stakeholders.
- Solution-oriented; passion for creative problem solving, comfortable tackling new and undefined problem spaces.
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and translate between complex business problems and technical concepts.
- Strong technical project management and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to work across functions and influence other parts of the org (i.e. product, eng).
- Dedicated to enabling others through effective teaching, coaching, and knowledge distribution.
- Growth-minded; desire for continuous learning and proactively driving initiatives for improvement.
- Thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise software, management or IT consulting, project management, customer management, market research, or similar experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative/analytical degree, such as engineering, computer science, statistics, or economics.
- Familiarity with cloud service providers, such as AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure.
- Familiarity with Accessibility compliance standards, such as WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards as well as compliance with the ADA, Section 508, and other accessibility related laws.
- Experience using mobile, desktop screen readers, and automated accessibility checkers.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.