QA Engineer (Decibel)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
QA Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests & debugging / defining corrective actions. We aim for 80% of our testing to be automated, so experience developing automated testing frameworks is key.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs. You would be expected to monitor all stages of software development to identify and work with Software Engineers to resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
Working in a growing QA team, your responsibilities and ownership will include:
· Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
· Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
· Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
· Identify, document & track recurrent bugs thoroughly
· Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
· Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
· Liaise with internal teams to identify system requirements
· Monitor debugging process results
· Aid investigations into the causes of non-conforming software.
· Experience developing automated test scripts using JUnit 5, Maven and/or Cucumber.
· Hands-on experience with automation tools (Jenkins, Selenium, GitLab CI etc.)
· Hands-on experience with testing tools (eg. SoapUI, Postman) is a plus
This is a technical role so to be successful you'll already have maintained & improved testing framework's and gained hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing. A working knowledge of MySQL for database testing would be helpful too, but understanding of any relational storage system is fine. If you've had the chance to explore performance, security, Android or iOS testing this definitely a plus, but not essential.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.