Quality Engineering Manager
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About the team:
The Quality Engineering team is responsible for Enterprise Quality in Medallia. We define quality processes, standards and tooling to ensure our products keep the quality bar high. We partner with development teams to help them adopt standards and provide insights about their strategy. Based on the organization needs we define test strategies and work on the data and tools to support it.
About the role:
As a Quality Engineer Manager, you will lead a team that provides test automation and test execution support for several diverse engineering teams. You will partner with Engineering Managers to find the right profiles to nurture the team, drive the quality process and coach and develop the team. As we scale we will broaden the scope of action to include new teams in other time zones with different technologies and processes. Your role will be critical to develop and make the quality organization a key component of our Company.
More specifically, you will:
- Attract, hire, develop and retain an engineering team that will work for distributed teams.
- Lead the automation team to apply and develop automation and quality standards.
- Plan and coordinate testing, automation and diverse projects and initiatives.
- 3+ years of experience directly managing people. 7+ years of experience shipping high quality, customer-centric software.
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies.
- Proficiency working within a fast-paced, flat, agile, and distributed environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong automation, CI and quality background
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.