Regional Director - Chicago
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia was founded on a simple idea: that companies can win by putting the customer before everything else. Our SaaS platform does this by capturing customer feedback, analyzing it in real-time, and then delivering it to everyone in a company — from the c-suite to the frontline — to help them improve. We’re now considered the leaders in a space we helped to create, we’re Sequoia backed, and we’re growing like crazy, doubling in size every 12 months. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, irreverence… and our people love it. A full 95% of our employees would recommend us to their friends.
Come find out why.
About the Sales Team
- Medallia Sales brings our unique approach to Operational Customer Experience Management to enterprise customers across Financial Services, B2B, Telecoms, Retail, Hospitality, and Automotive industries. Our team is responsible for winning the trust and building long-term relationships with our impressive customer base: 4 of America’s 5 largest banks, 6 of the 10 largest global Telcos, 5 out of the 10 biggest Fortune 500 retailers, 7 of the 10 largest global hotel chains, and 3 of the world’s top luxury car brands. A team of consultative Sales professionals, our mission is to create a legendary team and establish a reputation across enterprise software for sales excellence, career growth, and fun!
- Lead a team of Sales Directors
- Support Sales Directors in opening new accounts; this includes partnering on prospecting strategies, meeting preparation efforts, and territory reviews
- Own, drive, and accurately forecast new software bookings, retention, and up-sell/cross-sell opportunities
- Define territory strategies, account lists, and quota expectations
- Attract, recruit and hire Enterprise Sales Leaders and President’s Club attendees
- Inspire, develop, and retain high-performing Sales Directors
- Partner with key members of the Sales Ecosystem (Solutions Consulting, Account Management, and Inside Sales)
- Build and execute relationships and go-to-market strategies with key Medallia Partners such as management consulting firms and global system integrators
- Partner internally with Sales Leadership, Sales Ops and Marketing to continuously improve our sales approach and win rate
- Work with your Area Vice President and sales leadership team to set the vision, strategy, and tone for your region
- 2+ years as a first tier leader of a high-performing enterprise software sales team
- 5+ years as a top-performing individual contributor in an enterprise software sales role
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining C-suite relationships
- Demonstrated experience consistently exceeding quota in an enterprise sales organization
- Track record of inspiring and developing high-performing sales professionals
- Previous experience/knowledge of the Customer Experience Management space
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.