Regional Director Public Sector, Solutions Consulting (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a group of consultative sales professionals, our mission is to create a legendary team and establish a reputation across enterprise software for sales excellence, business impact, and personal / professional growth.
The Role: As Regional Director you will lead and inspire a team of Enterprise Solution Consultants. Partnering with the regional Medallia Sales team and broader ecosystem you will help drive large revenue sales opportunities and build Medallia’s business in the region.
You will be a trusted advisor for our prospects and a critical member of the regional Sales Ecosystem. You will coach and enable your team to:
- Understand the business opportunities for prospect customers. This will include: researching and understanding their go-to-market strategies, identifying potential solution hypotheses, and articulating the value drivers of customer and employee experience to their organizations
- Work with prospects and decision-makers at leading brands on the mission critical task of helping their companies improve in the eyes of customers and employees
- Immerse themselves in Medallia’s cutting-edge technology and use it to tackle real business problems for our clients and prospects
- Gain exposure to a wide range of industries, the opportunity to specialize in a specific business vertical, and work with great colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Build knowledge and skills in value-based selling
- Have the chance to own their career paths as we build and grow the team
- Leadership: Create and sustain a culture of high performance and expectations, empowerment and accountability, collaboration and integrity. Attract, recruit and hire Solutions Consultants to continually improve the impact of the team. Partner internally with Sales Leadership, Sales Ops and Marketing to set the vision, strategy, and tone for the region and continuously improve our sales approach and win rate
- Individual Contribution: Take a leading role in strategic deals to accelerate their path to closure through technical and domain expertise and direct executive engagement
- Coaching: Provide experience-based coaching on the core competencies of the Solution Consultant role including:
- Proposals: Create compelling written proposals in collaboration with Medallia’s Shared Services Organization, leveraging robust internal RFP repository systems and templates that describe and explain Medallia functionality
- Customer Discovery - Build relationships with customers to identify their current circumstances, their customer and employee experience needs, and the business value of fulfilling those needs
- Product Demonstrations: Present product capabilities through in person and remote demonstrations of the Medallia Experience Cloud and how prospective and current clients will achieve their goals and yield a return on their investment
- Solution Design - Propose Experience Management solutions that transform the business and organizational culture of prospect companies using our Best Practice Platform solution framework
- Significant experience as a first tier leader of a high-performing team including: talent acquisition, onboarding and development, resource management, on-the-job coaching, and individual goal setting aligned to business outcomes and personal development
- Proven track-record as a top-performing individual contributor in a customer-facing consulting role or sales organization
- Excellent business and technical presentation skills, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management
- Demonstrated interest in technology, including comfort with technical concepts and ability to become a subject matter expert and demonstrate new technology applications
- Lifelong Learner who is self-motivated to gain new skills and understand new techniques
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.