Regional Field Marketing Manager, Brazil
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is seeking a proven B2B Regional marketer (Brazil) to create and execute marketing plans that meet the overall and regional business objectives.
You will work with the regional sales team and build strong, trusted relationships to drive local marketing plans. You’ll be responsible for creating geographical based customer acquisition campaigns, including events, outbound campaigns and executive programs. You will partner with the Digital Marketing team and global campaigns team to localize campaigns for the local markets. You will also partner with the wider marketing team to provide marketing support across the country. Medallia is looking for someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and adept at developing field marketing programs to build and maintain relationships with prospective and existing customers, who comprise the best loved brands in retail, hospitality, B2B, financial services, insurance and more. Also, you'll regularly collaborate across the organization with content, creative, product marketing, demand generation teams (and more!) to align online activity with broader campaign initiatives.
Please submit a resume in English. Envie um currículo em inglês por favor.
- Drive Medallia’s go-to-market strategy for Brazil and influence how we prioritize and win target markets, product categories, and buyer segments.
- Set the roadmap for marketing activities which will drive new pipeline and close open pipeline. You will align closely with sales to identify areas of priority.
- Help evolve Medallia’s go-to-market by keeping an eye on market trends, evaluating customer needs, and prioritizing activities with product marketing, sales and solutions consultant leaders.
- Monitor competitive landscapes, market trends/threats, opportunities to promote.
- Spread awareness and generate demand for Medallia’s brand. You will develop and execute on field campaigns including events, seminars, industry trade shows.
- Partner cross-functionally with your marketing peers to highlight gaps and opportunities to drive further digital, webinar, social and PR needs.
- Integrate and leverage partners and their value-added services or integrations where appropriate
- 3+ years experience managing field marketing programs in an enterprise environment
- At least 1 year of experience with Salesforce.com and Google Apps
- Fluency in English and Portuguese, both oral and written
- Resume submitted in English
- Fluent in Spanish, both verbal and written
- Marketo and Google Analytics experience
- Strong sales and customer orientation with deep expertise in vertical marketing in a major industry, e.g. financial services
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through in a fast-paced, fluid environment with standout marketing impact
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills, and organizational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable startup culture and environment
- Bachelor's degree
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.