Representative, People Operations (Contract)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia’s People Operations Representatives sit on the Employee Experience team and own the full-cycle candidate and employee experience, from a candidate’s first interview to an employee’s last day. The People Operations Representative role supports the Medallia Talent Acquisition team as well as the broader People and Culture function.
- Talent Coordination: The Medallia Talent Acquisition team leads recruiting efforts for all facets our growing company. Our People Operations Representatives own the candidate experience and recruiting process, from interviews all the way through final offer and onboarding. This includes coordinating and scheduling, facilitating travel, and ensuring a personal and differentiated experience.
- People Process: People Operations Representatives partner with the broader People and Culture team to process employee transactions in our HRIS, ensuring that changes are routing through the proper channels and that data is up-to-date in the system. Representatives will support the full-cycle employee experience by coordinating programs including New Hire Orientation, Contingent Worker onboarding and offboarding, and Internships, to name a few, gaining exposure to different areas of the organization based on business need and personal career interest.
- Deliver a highly personal and differentiated candidate and employee experience
- Partner closely with recruiters and hiring managers to ensure a smooth interview process
- Liaise with candidates and Medallia hiring teams to coordinate interviews
- Greet candidates and welcome them to our office
- Oversee travel arrangements for candidates and new hires
- Process background checks for new hires and employees
- Initiate relocation for new hires and employees
- Process Tier 1 HR requests (relating to our HRIS, Immigration Program, and People Analytics)
- Partner with the People Operations team to flag inconsistencies and improve processes
- Document People Operations processes in order to maintain global consistency and eliminate process gaps
- Triage inbound requests in our ATS and HR ticketing tool and manage team workload by assigning requests from a “queue” system
- Proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- 1+ years’ experience in a Coordination, Administrative and/or Assistant role
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to remain organized and multitask even when presented with high volumes of people or information
- Strong work ethic and ability to handling sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Experience in Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, or Sales
- Exposure/experience with an Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and/or Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
Note: This role is not eligible for immigration/visa sponsorship. At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.