Resource Manager, Professional Services (Bay Area)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Professional Services Operations team is responsible for driving organizational strategy through managing core processes, monitoring business metrics, and driving initiatives for change. We develop and deliver business processes focused on our global Professional Services organization and cover a range of areas, from revenue management to subcontractor operations to the development of our delivery methodologies. Professional Services is one of Medallia’s largest teams and is responsible for unlocking the value of the Medallia platform for our customers and our partners by delivering the technical expertise and Customer Experience strategic guidance necessary for business impact.
The primary responsibility of the Resource Manager is to manage resourcing for all potential and assigned projects. This position requires that the individual be the liaison among the Professional Services department Practice Leaders, as it relates to resourcing across all client work. The Resource Manager must also manage project resourcing with timely delivery in mind, balance business and individual development needs, and communicate resourcing issues that may impact scheduled deadlines to appropriate stakeholders.
This position reports to our VP, Professional Services Operations and can be located in any of our 3 Bay Area offices (San Francisco, San Mateo or Pleasanton).
- Act as point of contact for resource booking confirmation, conflict resolution, and development of solutions in support of business goals
- Assist with managing and increasing utilization for the Professional Services team
- Support training and hiring recommendations based on forecasted resource needs
- Run weekly resource meeting and facilitate resourcing issues / conflict resolution with Professional Services and appropriate department heads
- Manage resourcing forecast data and models for Professional Services based on input from weekly meetings
- Work with Professional Services stakeholders to identify appropriate resource requirements for each account and project, while also balancing with individual professional development needs
- Maintain constant knowledge of current and upcoming projects and business development activities as they relate to resourcing
- Monitor week to week project activities and resourcing, identifying potential instances of underutilization and actively work with the Practice Leaders to address and solve those issues
- Arrange weekly meetings with Professional Services Management teams to discuss all active projects and potential new business, as well as to stay informed of potential issues with staffing
- Attend weekly resource calls and manage collaboration process with other Professional Services specialty teams to share resources on an as needed basis
- 3 years resource management or project management experience in software solutions industry
- Bachelor's degree
- OpenAir, Netsuite and Salesforce experience
- Comfortable working with senior management both face-to-face and remotely
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks; strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups
- Strong problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Microsoft Excel
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.