Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a Revenue Manager to join its growing Accounting team. This will be a new addition to the Revenue team, reporting to the Senior Revenue Manager. We are looking for an individual who is well-versed in ASC 606, experienced in contract reviews and excited by the opportunity to support acquisitions and system implementation. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are ready for the adventure that awaits you at Medallia, then keep on reading!
In this capacity, you will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. You will have a dual focus on (1) monthly revenue close and (2) ad hoc projects, e.g. system implementation to further automate and scale the business. As an ideal candidate, you possess experience with multiple element arrangements, complex revenue transactions, can think strategically on a process level, and are also comfortable getting into the details.
- Review and process customer contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in compliance with ASC 606
- Prepare journal entries for monthly revenue close
- Prepare Balance Sheets Account reconciliations including deferred revenue, accounts receivable reserve schedules and related reconciliations
- Prepare revenue flux and Standalone Selling Price (SSP) analysis for management review
- Maintain and update internal Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for the Order to Cash cycle
- Partner with the Deal Desk, Order Management team and MIS teams to ensure that all revenue transactions are accounted for in accordance with Company’s Revenue policy
- Support Financial Planning and Analysis on an as needed basis
- Prepare schedules for external audits and SEC disclosure notes
- Support ad hoc projects, including systems implementation, acquisitions and process improvements related to revenue processes
- 6+ years of accounting experience
- 2+ years of revenue recognition experience with multiple element arrangements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent related field
- Demonstrated proficiency with ASC 606 revenue recognition under US GAAP
- Revenue recognition experience within an enterprise SaaS company
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent certification with US GAAP experience
- Working proficiency of NetSuite and Salesforce
- Detailed-oriented with exceptional analytical skills
- Experience in NetSuite implementation
- Ability to take ownership of assigned responsibilities and work under minimum guidance
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.