Sales Commissions Analyst
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Our Commissions team is looking for a Sales Commissions Analyst who has a deep understanding of the commissions process, a hunger to learn, and a passion for customer service. You’ll own the end-to-end commission process to ensure commissions are calculated accurately and paid in a timely manner. The ideal candidate has at least 2 years of commissions experience, is proficient with Xactly Incent or other sales compensation systems, and brings a balance of creative problem solving and an eye for process improvement.
This position can be based out of any of our 3 Bay Area offices (Pleasanton, San Mateo or San Francisco).
- Calculate commissions in Xactly Incent, including setting up new hires, terminating employees, modifying the hierarchy, and loading orders to the system
- Maintain the core data requirements in calculating sales commissions (i.e., target incentive, quota, leveraging data from Workday and Salesforce)
- Work cross-functionally between field operations, sales finance, deal desk and accounting, managing multiple tasks with an attention to detail and timelines
- Prepare monthly commission accruals, and reconcile and explain variances from actual payments
- Provide superior customer service in researching and analyzing questions and/or discrepancies identified by the sales ecosystem
- Route and archive all signed Sales Compensation Plan documents for auditing purposes via Xactly
- 2+ years of experience with sales commissions processing and calculations
- 1+ years Commissions/Sales Performance Management software experience (e.g. Xactly Incent, Xactly Express, CallidusCloud, Varicent or similar)
- Bachelor's degree or 2+ years equivalent relevant work experience
- Basic accounting knowledge with understanding of commission accruals
- Excellent written, verbal and auditory communication skills
- Strong analytical, operational and problem solving skills
- Has managed the use of confidential information and followed procedures to collect, organize and maintain sensitive information
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Knowledge of Xactly eDocs module for compensation plan distribution
- Sales commissions experience including direct Software as a Service (SaaS) industry experience at a high-growth company
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.