Sales Compensation Manager (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is seeking an experienced Sales Compensation Manager to join our rapidly growing Sales team. This will be a very hands-on role that will support the build and ongoing administration of Medallia’s sales incentive programs.
Responsibilities include supporting the management of our sales compensation programs, informing and enforcing policies that are aligned with business goals, optimizing existing processes to drive accuracy and scalability, as well as analyzing program effectiveness. The Sales Compensation Manager will collaborate closely with Sales Leaders, Sales Operations, Finance and People and Culture teams to manage day-to-day operations and drive improvements for Medallia sales compensation programs.
- Support the process to build, rollout and administer our global sales compensation programs. This includes defining and documenting sales compensation mechanics and policies as well as collecting and validating relevant data to ensure commissions are calculated accurately
- Serve as key point of contact to the sales team and key functional partners for all compensation related questions
- Partner closely with Sales, Field Operations, Finance, and People and Culture to implement improvements related to both internal and cross-functional processes
- Provide enablement to the sales teams with regards to compensation plan mechanics.
- Analyze effectiveness of sales compensation programs and recommend enhancements to existing programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field
- 4+ years of experience in sales operations or sales compensation design and administration in a fast-growing SaaS public company
- Experience with Salesforce, Callidus / Xactly / Varicent, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Proven modeling and analysis skills. Able to analyze data and communicate the summary of the results, both verbally & written, in a clear and concise way
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Experience with identifying process improvement opportunities and working in a cross-functional environment to roll out changes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including strong proficiency with Powerpoint
- Strong attention to detail. Committed to data quality and high standard for accuracy
- Self-starter who excels at multitasking with strong ability to prioritize to meet business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience interfacing with sales and strong ability to partner across the organization to drive decisions and change
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.