Sales Development Manager
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
We are looking for a Sales Development Manager to inspire, lead, and coach a sales development team in our Austin, Texas office. Reporting to the Head of Global Sales Development, we're looking for a SDR Manager to foster a high-performing sales development team focused on generating qualified opportunity pipeline. This individual will have experience developing SDRs through personalized coaching, guidance, and skills development, leading day to day operations, and providing best practices in prospecting and execution.
- Recruit, mentor and manage a team of high-performing Sales Development Representatives
- Train SDRs on outreach tactics, time management, objection handling, upselling, and active listening
- Create a culture of success and motivate team members through incentives, mentorship, and 1:1s
- Develop career paths for SDRs to further their professional growth
- Monitor and enhance sales processes, metrics and tools to maximize the success of the team
- Own, drive, and accurately forecast opportunity progression
- Build efficient processes to partner with Sales Directors to identify and research lists of companies to target
- Partner internally with Sales, Sales Ops, and Marketing to continuously improve our sales approach and win rate
- 1 - 3 years experience scaling and managing sales teams in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of progressive experience in B2B quota-bearing sales roles with a proven track record of sales success, preferably within the SaaS space
- Track record in managing and improving team KPIs and quota attainment
- Experience with a consultative, value-based selling approach
- Robust Salesforce analysis and forecasting skillset
- Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and passion for managing projects to conclusion
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with sales tools like Outreach and DiscoverOrg
- High EQ, IQ and business acumen
- A passion for professional growth and development
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.