Sales Development Representative, Insurance (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our Insurance Sales team. Your primary responsibility will be to help turn leads into qualified opportunities by partnering with marketing and sales to create and execute on lead generation campaigns. This position requires heavy outbound outreach and tight collaboration with Sales Directors to generate new opportunities. You will be expected to report on qualification, call and email activity, and stay informed on Medallia products.
As you build the foundation for Medallia’s future success, you will also build a set of skills that differentiates you from your peers in the market. This is not a siloed position - we want a collaborative individual that can contribute to the sales and marketing teams, work in a dynamic environment, deliver messaging and product feedback back into the organization and work proactively to drive overall sales performance.
- Develop opportunities for the sales team from outbound prospecting and marketing generated leads
- Interact with prospects via phone, email, and LinkedIn with a high attention to detail
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives
- Develop and execute on a strong prospecting strategy, including identifying customer pain points and addressing the value for the customer in your messaging
- Track all relevant qualification and lead management activity using Salesforce
- Learn Medallia products, effectively communicate the value proposition and be able to react to objections and competitive questions
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunities
- Disseminate opportunities to appropriate Sales Directors, educating them as necessary about the opportunity
- Partner with Marketing on driving attendance to events, trade shows, webinars, and conferences
- Collaborate with your field sales team as a prospecting subject matter expert, providing best practices and executing on projects specific to your territory
- 1+ year prospecting into enterprise companies or complex organizations
- Salesforce or comparable CRM knowledge
- Outreach or an automated sales engagement platform knowledge
- Ability to articulate complex topics and build rapport with prospects and stakeholders remotely
- Self-motivation and persistence in the face of rejection or adversity
- Openness to feedback and coaching
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal, presentation and on social media
- You are a great writer, speaker, and listener
- Ability to perform successfully given low oversight and limited process
- Work in a busy, dynamic environment with changing responsibilities
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.