Sales Director, General Business
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia Sales is a fast-growing, global, no-nonsense and approachable organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We are a late stage start-up with a culture focused on continuous learning, true entrepreneurial spirit and open feedback. Our people love it. Come find out why!
As part of Medallia’s General Business Sales Team, you will be responsible for a quota based on sales of the Medallia General Business Products into the Commercial and Enterprise segment.
The General Business is the fastest growing division at Medallia! You will work with end users to grow opportunities through qualifying questions and demonstrations of the products. You will manage every opportunity from the beginning until close, intro to final negotiation.
• Generate net new business and expansion of presence in commercial accounts
• Balance between heavy pipeline generation, outbound prospecting and running tight sales cycles from start to finish
• Collaborate with customers & prospects to clearly define current challenges and pain related to achieving overall business objectives
• Perform sales presentations/demonstrations to match solutions with identified needs
• Accurately forecast quarterly and monthly sales by possessing a full understanding of customers’ specific decision-making and purchasing process
• Acquire and integrate industry knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, and competitors
• Develop General Business opportunities and own revenue contribution, from pipeline generation to close
• Lead General Business opportunities, collaborating closely with Professional Services and Legal teams
• Ability to travel up to 30%
- Minimum of 3 years proven commercial sales experience working for a technology company, preferably SaaS
- A sound understanding of the sales processes and associated best practices (MEDDICC, Challenger, etc.)
- Proven ability to forecast and achieve quarterly targets
- Demonstrated experience presenting and running demonstrations to various audiences in person or over video
- Proven time and account management skills, as well as excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Outbound calling experience in a B2B environment
- Working knowledge of Salesforce/CRM, Excel and other productivity tools
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior work experience and knowledge of solution-selling strategies and tactics as well as, business value selling
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.