Sales Director II, Insurance (Remote)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our mission is to create a world where companies are loved by their customers; where organizations see you as a person and not just their next sale. We do this by building a bridge between hundreds of companies and billions of customers, around the world, enabling access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they may design and deliver extraordinary experiences, every single day.
About our Sales Team
- Medallia Sales brings our unique approach to Operational Customer Experience Management to enterprise customers across Financial Services, B2B, Telecom, Retail, Hospitality, and Automotive industries. Our team is responsible for winning the trust and building long-term relationships with our impressive customer base: 4 of America’s 5 largest banks, 6 of the 10 largest global Telcos, 5 out of the 10 biggest Fortune 500 retailers, 7 of the 10 largest global hotel chains, and 3 of the world’s top luxury car brands.
- As a team of consultative Sales professionals, our mission is to create a legendary team and establish a reputation across enterprise software for sales excellence, career growth, and fun.
- Consumers' expectations of their insurance providers are changing weekly, even daily, as they grow to expect the same level of service as other organizations that they do business with. Consumers demand a voice in the experiences they have with the companies they love, and those businesses are eager to use that voice to accelerate their growth. As a Sales Director on the Insurance team you will directly solve for the needs of policyholder and carriers by driving large sales opportunities with a focus on strategic enterprise accounts.
- You will:
- Develop and execute plans to build long-term relationships to increase Medallia’s revenue with brand-name global companies
- Use consultative and challenger selling techniques to articulate the value Medallia will bring as a critical partner
- Leverage your creativity and influence to build unique account-based marketing approaches and go-to-market strategies with global system integrators, product, and ecosystem teams
- Identify and convert new enterprise business opportunities; build relationships from the ground up
- Build sustainable and robust pipeline and ensure accurate forecasting and account planning
- Drive customer success through strong business acumen and the ability to strongly align the Medallia value proposition within our customer's’ business goals
- Manage your account portfolio as a book of business--incorporating customers, prospects, Medallia partners, System Integrators, and internal lines of business and Industry experts
- Engage and develop strong and trusting relationships with decision makers/key influencers within our customer and partner communities
- Act as an ambassador for the market--lead and champion Medallia and our unique approach to CX transformation
- Participate in trade show events, workshops, and seminars as a way to further build your own brand and Medallia’s footprint in your target segment
- Develop collaborative relationships across all levels within the extended Medallia ecosystem
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of Field Sales experience at market-leading enterprise software companies
- Experience generating new business within large strategic accounts and thoughtfully managing 1+ year sales cycles
- Experience identifying and maximizing relationships with key influencers and decision makers
- Experience selling complex business applications/technology solutions at the C-Suite level
- Proven top sales performer (consistently exceeds targets)
- Prior experience selling into tier 1 and 2 accounts within the P&C and/or Life Insurance industry
- Preferred locations: Midwest or Northeast
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.