Salesforce Solutions Architect (Remote, US)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Enterprise Applications & Analytics team is part of corporate IT and is responsible for supporting, developing, managing and enhancing the set of enterprise applications which are the platform that delivers Medallia's business processes. The group focuses on engagement with the line of business to continue and calibrate solutions that best fit Medallia's business needs. In addition the group focuses on design, development and deployment of an enterprise decision support system to provide enhanced reporting and analytics capabilities.
We work in a fast-paced environment and we are looking for someone who can hit the ground running managing multiple responsibilities and projects while producing high-quality work.
Medallia is looking for a driven, hands-on, business-minded individual with a strong functional and technical foundation in the Salesforce.com platform to partner with the lines of business and provide technical expertise in the design and development of systems solutions. The solution’s architect will be able to utilize his/her creativity and innovation to develop new approaches for enterprise application integration, workflow automation, performance optimization and overall management of solutions particularly within the Salesforce platform.
- Define and oversee Salesforce standards and practices, including build / buy configure strategy.
- Responsible for the design and compliance to the corporate enterprise standards.
- Plan, guide, and lead the system architecture designIdentify opportunities for application optimization, redesign, or development within the Salesforce platform that will support multiple business unitsGuide best practices for security model, mobile deployment strategies, workflow, data validation and administration processes.
- Partner with lines of business to gather, document and develop new requirements into Salesforce.com design and implementation by translating business requirements into creative and effective technical / functional solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on new feature functional designs, functional requirements, limitations, and implementations of new initiatives;
- Design, develop and maintain complex workflows rules, validation rules and custom workflow;
- Evaluate Out-Of-The-Box options or design patterns that require minimal customization.
- Define and monitor compliance with code check- in, backup/recovery, and versioning processes, leveraging tools such as JIRA, GitHub, Visual Studio Code and plugins.
- Use expert hands on experience in VisualForce, APEX, SOQL, Lightning Web Component, Process Builder, Workflows, Java, C++ and Architecture tools to improve systems.
- Guide the development of the enterprise data model ensuring data integrity is maintained.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of regulatory (eg. SOX, GDPR, 606, etc.) and security requirements and ensure compliance.
- You’re both a big picture thinker and an in-depth problem solver.
- You take pride in designing systems that can stand up to anything.
- You see issues before they become issues, even when you’re scaling from one to one million customers.
- You're a critical thinker who challenges the status quo, resolves tough problems, and makes complex things simple.
- Team player with a positive attitude and passion for the opportunity.
- Quality first mindset, innovative thinker, eager to learn, grow, and develop.
- Proven track record of efficient architecture design of SaaS business applications and understanding of subscription based businesses.
- Demonstrate bias for action and execution with a strong history of delivering projects and tasks on time and to specification.
- Organized, problem solver with a process-oriented mindset.
- Quick Learner with an ability to ramp up in technologies and modules to meet business needs.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities yet stay focused on delivering high business impact.
- A promoter and driver of change in support of business process improvement.
- 3+ years of systems architecture experience (i.e. designing, developing and maintaining complex business solutions within the application)
- 3+ years of Salesforce experience specific to Sales Cloud, administration, integration, configuration, enhancements or similar
- 3+ years experience with translating business requirements into technical/functional solutions
- 1+ years of CPQ (Configure, Price, Quote software) experience or exposure (not a must)
- Strong understanding and knowledge of Salesforce Sales Cloud capabilities and limitations paired with Salesforce.com architecture, design and configuration skills
- Hands-on experience in several mid-sized, global implementations using Salesforce
- Experience working in a similar role for a SaaS company
- Exposure with Salesforce Lightning, Visual Force, APEX, Process Builder, Workflows and Architecture topics
- Salesforce.com certification
- Excellent communication, project management, organizational, planning, customer service, interpersonal, written and verbal skills to influence stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.