Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Manager - Remote
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a hands-on SEO professional . This individual should be well versed in SEO driving effective on-page, off-page and technical SEO tactics with a thorough background working with organic tactics and creative workflows. Understand SEO best practices, including how technical issues affect the performance of a site on search engines. Additionally you will have the chance to establish an on-going conversion rate optimization program from the ground up. You will own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the platform-driven CRO function leveraging tools like VWO, Mutiny, Google Optimize, etc. to improve conversion rate in Medallia’s acquisition funnels. You will own the process for testing page design and messaging, maintain a full testing pipeline, prioritize tests, and balance test risk with potential impact.
In a pivotal position within the Digital organization, you will work with talented partners across marketing, web operations, marketing operations, creative, analytics, and product marketing. This person will report to the Vice President of Global Digital Demand Generation.
- Ensuring a positive website visitor journey for leads at the top of the funnel all the way down to long-standing customers by managing website performance and optimization results
- Drive the SEO initiatives through the analysis of existing content competitive research, and partnership with internal team partners
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of SEO strategies in generating increased web traffic and organic revenue across various events
- Work closely with Digital, Web Ops, and Product Marketing to ensure consistency in SEO strategy, implementation across all divisions and performance measurement
- Monitor digital marketing trends and developments, share new techniques with the team, and provide SEO education and training to the larger organization
- Working knowledge of BI and SEO tools (We use Google Analytics, Search Console, Screaming Frog, and SEMRush)
- Management of SEO agency and implementation of initiatives
- Execute on the CRO roadmap with the goal of increasing form completions for demand landing pages. Measure results and provide analysis and insights
- Develop an experiment prioritization framework to support stakeholders across the business. Partner with digital and campaign managers to identify friction points in their conversion funnels and ensure the funnel is continually optimized. Be the single point of contact for marketing and product marketing to intake and prioritize tests
- Define the SEO and CRO tech stack: Assess existing Medallia SEO, A/B testing, personalization and landing page tools and determine the right tooling for Medallia’s needs
- 3+ years of experience in SEO at an enterprise company
- 1+ years of experience managing CRO
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Experience with SEO tools (ex. Moz, Spyfu, SEMrush, BrightEdge, Botify, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, etc)
- Experience with CRO tools (ex Optimizely, VWO, Mutiny, Similar Web, Hotjar, Clicktale, etc)
- Strong communication and presentation skills are essential in this role as well as excellent written and verbal skills. Related tasks include developing relationships and socializing SEO strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to ideate and execute complex A/B and multivariate tests for growth marketing and acquisition channels
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Experience with SEO in global markets
- Extensive, hands-on website optimization experience and ready to build a CRO program from the ground up
- A strong perspective in developing a prioritization methodology taking into account the most critical factors to create high velocity of experiments designed for maximum impact
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.