Senior Accountant, EMEA (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s EMEA Accounting team as we are looking for a Part Qualified Accountant to join and build a career here at Medallia. This key accounting role will have a unique opportunity to impact Medallia’s growth trajectory. As a member joining the EMEA Accounting team, you will play an important role in implementing systems, processes, and procedures across 15 subsidiaries that will effectively scale with the Company's growth and impact our international accounting processes.
Medallia offers a collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals have an opportunity to grow professionally in a dynamic and global organization. This position requires strong business partnering skills, a high degree of business acumen and ability to take ownership through execution.
- Key player in the EMEA Accounting team in performing critical month-end and quarter-end closing activities
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts reconciliations and prepare journal entries
- Liaise with local accounting providers to facilitate VAT filings, annual accounts and various other obligations
- Prepare meaningful flux analysis for balance sheet and P&L for SOX reporting purposes
- Be a strategic business partner in cross functional departments to drive the accurate and timely reporting
- Support the quarterly/annual audit requests and inquiries from our external auditors
- Assist in establishing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring accounting control procedures and global accounting policies
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements, process improvements, and establish best practice for day-to-day activities
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned
- Part Qualified or equivalent accountancy qualification (ACCA, ACA or CIMA)
- 3+ years of accounting or finance-related working experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- Netsuite or other major ERP system experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, global company, SaaS industry experience is a plus
- Experience in a company with strong processes and controls, preferably in a public company
- Skilled at adapting to change and evolving priorities
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.