Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Role and Team
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Corporate Accounting team as we are looking for a Senior Accountant to join and build a career here at Medallia. This key accounting role will have a unique opportunity to impact Medallia’s growth trajectory. As a member joining the Corporate Accounting team, you will play an important role in implementing systems, processes, and procedures across intercompany transactions and consolidations that will effectively scale with the Company's growth and impact our global accounting processes.
Medallia offers a collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals have an opportunity to grow professionally in a dynamic and global organization. This position requires strong business partnering skills, a high degree of business acumen and ability to take ownership through execution.
Please note that this position is based in San Mateo, CA, reporting directly to the Director of Corporate Accounting.
- Key player in the Corporate Accounting team in performing critical month-end and quarter-end closing activities including ownership of global processes e.g. Intercompany, Leases and Capex
- Reconcile complex balance sheet accounts reconciliations and prepare journal entries
- Prepare meaningful variance analysis for balance sheet and P&L to support management decision making process
- Assist in the compilation of foreign subsidiary close packages including FX analysis and financial statements analysis
- Be a strategic business partner in cross functional departments to drive the accurate and timely reporting
- Support the quarterly/annual audit requests and inquiries from our external auditors
- Assist in establishing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring accounting control procedures and global accounting policies
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements, process improvements, and establish best practice for day-to-day activities
- Assist with preparation of quarterly management financial packages and support quarterly SEC disclosures requirement
- Assist in global tax compliance including property tax and various local taxes filings in different jurisdictions
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned
- Curiosity is your middle name and you always dig deep to understand the ‘why’
- You enjoy challenging yourself and embrace a growth mindset
- Comfortable working in a global technology company where change is constant and you thrive with adapting to changing priorities
- You have a knack for solving practical problems and meeting deadlines even when limited procedures exist
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- 4+ years of accounting or finance related working experience
- 1+ years of accounting experience with intercompany transactions, consolidations and/or fixed assets
- Netsuite or other major ERP system experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, global company, SaaS industry experience is a plus
- Experience in a company with strong processes and controls, preferably in a public company
- Skilled at adapting to change and evolving priorities
- CPA License
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.