Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to join its growing Accounting team. This position reports directly to the Accounts Payable Manager and we’re looking for an individual who is excited by the opportunity to improve the accounts payable and vendor master data processes and help the team to the next level.
The areas of responsibilities for this role include invoice processing, vendor records creation and maintenance for North America, in addition to enhancing the current process and implementation of SOX internal controls. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and are detail oriented with a passion for Excel and numbers, then read on.
This position is located in our Buenos Aires, Argentina office.
- Monitor the AP Specialist daily activities: ensure timely processing of vendors’ invoices and new vendor records creation and changes.
- Respond to vendors and internal customers inquiries promptly (second level escalation).
- Report and monitor monthly metrics (invoice processing cycle time, vendor records creation/update cycle time, open items aging, time to respond to AP inquiries).
- Prepare payment proposals and generate accrual reports.
- Partner with cross-functional teams, including Treasury, Procurement, FP&A, and other international locations.
- Communicate with employees at all levels of management.
- Develop procedures, documentation and communication to share across the company.
- Support SOX internal control compliance.
- Document new processes and ensure documentation is maintained and updated.
- Monitor master vendor files to ensure data accuracy (banking information, diversity classification forms, contact details, etc.)
- 4+ years of experience with a combination of accounts payable, travel & expense, or vendor master data responsibilities
- English proficiency
- Excel experience
- Working proficiency of NetSuite
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or related field
- Detail and process oriented with exceptional analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience in new process implementations and/or transitions
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.