Senior Analyst, Analytics
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About Sense360 by Medallia
Sense360, part of Medallia, uses cutting-edge datasets to transform how companies make strategic decisions. We work with some of the top brands and agencies in the world, providing them insights on their customers, competitors, and market opportunities in near-real time. Sense360 began over 6 years ago and emerged as a fast-growing market research start-up before being acquired by Medallia in September 2020. With Medallia’s broad capabilities as the leader in customer experience and the environment of Sense360 that is still very much like a start-up, this is truly an exciting place to be!
We are building a team of strategic insights experts to help our customers get the most out of our unique foot traffic location, transaction, and survey datasets. Our Analytics Senior Analyst role combines analysis with client-facing advisory for major US brands. Our ideal team member is a quantitative thinker with a strong ability to build data-driven stories, and enjoys working with clients to understand their needs to translate them into insightful, strategy-focused presentations. We are looking for teammates who are able to get stuff done quickly without compromising the quality of their work and will thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
If you are a team player excited to take on a new challenge, and want to be in an environment where you can grow, then we'd love to talk to you!
- Partner with senior (Director, VP, and C-Suite level) clients regarding topics key to their business strategy
- Utilize datasets historically unavailable to the market research world to create insightful deliverables for our clients, and present your findings / recommendations to them
- Design approaches for new, customized analysis - including feasibility tests, authoring questionnaires, and defining new metrics
- Enhance Sense360’s internal team operations through product feedback, standardizing recurring analyses, designing workflow processes, and training / knowledge sharing
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years experience in management / strategy consulting, financial analysis, marketing analytics, or market research / consumer insights roles
- Demonstrated experience in developing and presenting content in a business setting
- Demonstrated experience in PowerPoint and Excel (including advanced formulas, pivot tables, etc)
- Willingness to travel to clients on occasion (i.e. once every 4-6 weeks), following an end to all COVID restrictions / concerns
- VBA experience
- SQL experience
- Experience in the restaurant, retail, and/or consumer packaged goods industries
- Los Angeles-based or interested in relocating to Los Angeles (not required)
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.