Senior Analyst, Insights
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About the Insights Team
Medallia Insights is a first-of-its-kind customer experience consulting team. Its role is to multiply the value of Medallia’s software by uncovering data-driven stories for Medallia customers, and then partner with them to take actions to improve their customer experience and achieve business results.
The Insights team is high performing, with a track record of performance. Team headcount has grown 2x over the past 2 years, client work has average an NPS of 70+ and team engagement scores are some of the highest at Medallia. The team focuses its efforts on top brands on a global basis.
Today, Medallia Insights is staffed by a cross-discipline team of problem solvers ranging from Senior Managers to Analysts, who are located in San Francisco, San Mateo and New York. They have a mix of PhD, MBA and BS/MS in quantitative/research disciplines.
We’ve only just scratched the surface of Insights’ potential, and our team’s role is critical to the near and long term distinctiveness of Medallia!
As an Insights Senior Analyst you will work with senior decision makers at admired brands on a mission critical task—helping companies improve in the eyes of their ultimate judges: customers.
You’ll tackle real business problems by analyzing operational, customer and financial data, alongside some of the world’s largest customer feedback datasets. This role will position you for many career growth options at the intersection of customer experience, management consulting, and data science.
Delivery: A Core Part of this Role
- In your first 3 months, you’ll help deliver the results of your first consulting engagement to a Fortune 500 company.
- You’ll work with one of our Managers or Senior Managers to uncover actionable and commercially focused insights. You’ll then deliver recommendations to senior decision-makers at our clients. Each of your projects will also have an Advisor who will help provide new perspectives and direction for your project team.
- In the beginning, you’ll be exposed to a different industries, colleagues and type of consulting engagements every 4-6 weeks. Over time, we’ll help you uncover your specific passions through targeted opportunities and then help you develop in those areas -- this could be anything from developing new consulting offerings through deeper analytics, scaling our team’s learnings into Medallia’s product, learning how to commercially sell professional services to writing thought leadership articles with the help of our Marketing team. We call this helping you pursue your career dream!
- Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative/research field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a management consulting, internal strategy/operations, data analytics, data science, or marketing analytics role.
- 1+ years experience in regression-based analytics of large datasets.
- Demonstrated experience in client-facing setting or experience working internally with senior stakeholders to enable their decision-making.
- MBA or other equivalent advanced quantitative/research degree.
- Self-starter, creative thinker, lightning-fast learner and great problem-solver, eager to take on our client’s biggest CX challenges.
- High proficiency with a statistical software package (e.g., R, Stata, SPSS, SAS, Tableau).
- Fantastic attention to detail, excellent communication skills and are a polished presenter.
- Ability to question the status quo and take ownership to make things around you better.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.