Senior Analyst, Market Intelligence (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
About Medallia’s Market Intelligence Team:
The Market Intelligence team develops critical market insights that help shape Medallia’s organizational strategy. We take a data-driven approach to uncover new growth opportunities, influence prospective sales deals, and produce industry-leading research for the experience management category Medallia created.
As a Senior Analyst, you will tackle real business problems by analyzing operational, customer, and financial data, using some of the world’s largest customer feedback datasets. You will leverage your quantitative background to build data-driven business cases, assess the financial impact of improving customer and employee experiences, and solve unanswered questions on our research agenda. Mindful of the bigger picture, you’ll also be thinking about how to develop new datasets and insights that inform Medallia’s broader go-to-market strategies. This role will position you for many career growth options at the intersection of customer experience, management consulting, research, and data science.
- Deliver data-driven consulting projects, build business cases, and assess the financial impact of improved customer and employee experience across client organizations
- Use statistical, regression, and machine learning techniques to help clients get the most out of their data and provide strategic recommendations that improve customer experience and increase customer loyalty
- Engage with clients and internal stakeholders, communicating ideas to various audiences (both technical and non-technical)
- Build new datasets by combining data from multiple sources
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience in strategic consulting, data analysis, or other quantitative research roles
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver compelling presentations to a variety of audiences
- 2+ years of statistical analysis experience working with statistical software packages and/or scripting languages (e.g., R, Python, or STATA)
- 10% travel, domestically and internationally
- Pass a background check
- Advanced degree in a quantitative fieldExperience with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Knowledge of customer and employee experience, or related technology or industry experience
- Experience using Salesforce
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.