Senior Backend Developer (Java)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia for Digital helps companies capture customer feedback across emerging web and mobile channels, engage customers with compelling digital experiences and keep pace with customers’ constantly changing behaviour.
Medallia for Digital is a native component of Medallia Medallia Experience Cloud™
About the role:
- We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Tel-Aviv team
- This engineer will help us build and scale our platform that collects vast amounts of data from the world largest brands
- You will solve challenging technical problems, own your services end-to-end and help take our SaaS platform to the next level
- As a backend engineer, you will build and/or scale our systems to be highly performant and robust
- Your work will connect the world's leading businesses to their customers by helping them understand the experience their customers are facing and how to improve their products
- You will be responsible for the code quality, health and the stability of production systems
- You will collaborate with Product and Design/UX teams to build innovative new features and products for the Customer Experience space
- 4+ years software development experience on product engineering teams
- Strong experience with code quality best practices and implementing testing architectures and modularization on large codebases
- Have performed software development in a production environment using a mainstream object-oriented programming language (Nodejs, Java)
- Passionate about technology, enjoys solving complex problems and learning new technologies
- Good command of English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate and SQL
- Experience with AWS or other IaaS
- Experience in container technologies, such as Docker. Ideally with container orchestration such as Kubernetes or Mesos
Please note, this role may require being on a rotating on-call shift which includes being available during evenings and weekends when scheduled.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.