Senior Data Analyst, People Analytics
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The People Analytics team at Medallia is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help with our mission of enabling better business and people outcomes with data. This high-visibility role will take the lead on People Analytics efforts across the company and engage with leaders at every level. The ideal candidate will have strong reasoning, consultative, and storytelling skills, and will thrive in fast-paced, ambiguous environments. We’re looking for a critical thinker who is skilled at scoping and structuring human capital issues and pivoting quickly to executing solutions.
You’ll have access to industry-leading technology including Visier People, which we use to consolidate data and democratize access to insights, as well as Medallia’s own Employee Experience (EX) platform, which we use for employee engagement surveys and ongoing employee experience measurement. Medallia for EX includes a sophisticated NLP engine, ubiquitous feedback capture, closed loop feedback, and more exciting capabilities. You’ll also have access to an internal community of practice that spans Insights, Solutions Principals, Data Science, and more. This role is unique in that your contributions in the employee listening space will benefit Medallia both internally and externally.
This position will report to the Director of People Analytics & Technology and will be based in Pleasanton or San Francisco, depending on your preference.
- Act as internal People Analytics consultant, translating business and people issues into questions and/or hypotheses that can be tested with data
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and storytelling with data to prepare impactful, insightful visuals
- Effectively convey the results of your analyses to non-technical audiences
- Design, conduct, and analyze the results of our employee engagement and experience surveys
- Work to increase the analytical skillset of the HR organization
- Manage multiple projects while effectively balancing the priorities of the business
- Advance the implementation and roll-out of Visier People
- Enable self-service and automation wherever possible
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline (e.g. analytics, statistics, finance, strategy consulting, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience focused on using data to uncover insights that support decision making or drive business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects successfully
- Advanced knowledge of statistical analysis, quantitative research, and storytelling with data
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- The ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality while handling sensitive data
- Experience analyzing HR and/or recruiting data
- Experience working with Visier Workforce Analytics or Visier People
- Experience conducting factor and driver analyses on employee survey data in R or related language
- Proficiency with the R programming language
- Experience defining Workday Custom Advanced Reports
- Comfortable working autonomously in a fast paced and demanding environment
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.