Senior Director, EMEA Commercial & Deal Desk
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Senior Director, EMEA Commercial & Deal Desk is responsible for leading the EMEA Commercial & Deal Desk team by providing support expertise in ASC 606 recognition, Deal Structure, and giving guidance to the sales organization on complex contracts as well as for reviewing those contracts for accuracy and completeness.
- Lead, mentor, and develop the technical and operational skills of a team of Commercial & Deal Desk Analysts and Directors.
- Provide revenue guidance and deal structure guidance to Sales team.
- Partner with Sales, Revenue Accounting, Operations, and Legal teams to determine the appropriate revenue recognition treatment for all new product and service introductions, new pricing and promotional models, and new go-to-market strategies.
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal controls, collaborating with external auditors as required.
- Building and leading systematic CRM workflows around Deal Desk, sales engagement, Revenue team, and Executive team for non-standard orders.
- Be a change agent for implementing new ideas and process improvements in an increasingly complex environment.
- Lead integrations and supervise components of smaller integrations, such as deal support, revenue guidance, and accounting support as needed.
- Special ad hoc projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of deal desk, revenue recognition, sales operations and/or public accounting experience
- 2+ years of experience providing deal desk/deal structuring and revenue guidance to stakeholders i.e. Sales team
- Demonstrated experience applying ASC 606 revenue rules
- 2+ years of people management experience
- High-tech revenue recognition or public accounting experience
- Enterprise SaaS industry experience
- Ability to think creatively to overcome challenges and implement vision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong ability to manage relationships, think critically and solve problems
- Proven ability to diplomatically challenge the status quo
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.