Senior Director, GTM and Product Strategy
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The GTM Strategy and Pricing team ensures Medallia’s product and solution offerings are keeping Medallia at the forefront of Experience Management, driving the intended customer and commercial outcomes, and that Product is responding effectively to a fast-evolving market.
Reporting to the SVP Product Marketing, the Senior Director of GTM and Product Strategy would be a key member of the product organization owning three critical functions: Go-to-Market (GTM) Strategy and Execution, Product Strategy, and Pricing Strategy.
- Gain broad alignment and influence leadership across all GTM functions - product, marketing, sales and partners - on strategy, goals and prioritization of GTM efforts.
- Develop strong relationships and trust across Product Management, Marketing, Pre-Sales, Enablement, Professional Services, and Sales to build, execute, and optimize the GTM process.
- Lead a cross-functional team to execute GTM strategies and plans that effectively commercialize Medallia’s products and solutions.
- Work with Product Leadership to develop product strategy and align on key areas in which to invest to further Medallia’s leadership in the marketplace.
- Set and execute strategic goals for a range of scenarios, such as market strategy projects with Product Managers on new product, solution or market initiatives.
- Leverage Voice of Customer and feedback from Sales and Professional Services to “wire” world-class field, customer, and market orientation into the Product team.
- Evolve the pricing strategy for Medallia’s software products; manage a Director of Pricing Strategy.
- 10+ years of combined experience working in strategic, product-related functions within B2B technology (i.e. management consulting, product strategy, go-to-market strategy, business strategy or similar)
- 2+ years of enterprise software industry experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through in a fast-paced, fluid environment while managing concurrent projects.
- Business partnering experience building cross-functional alignment across multiple go-to-market teams
- Strong sales and customer orientation with a passion for software products.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to present compelling narratives in public settings and to internal audiences.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable startup culture.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.