Senior Engineering Manager (Remote, US)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Medallia, you will be leading our Stella Connect Engineering team, whose mission is to build the platform for frontline teams of the future. You’ll lead this high performing organization to modernize this robust application and lead the charge on integrating Stella Connect into Medallia. You’ll work with our product team to discover new business opportunities in the contact center space. Be a part of the team that builds the next generation of Medallia Stella Connect!
Our Engineering Culture:
We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies, sharing what we learn.
We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings.
We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- Build and inspire the Stella Connect engineering pods while positioning each for future growthDevelop and mentor the growth of engineers in the organization.
- Lead hiring for positions and backfills on the Stella Connect teamWork closely with Product and Design teams to refine requirements and plan out new user-facing features.
- Develop new user-facing features and customer-driven enhancements to Stella Connect.
- Work with team to provide accurate estimates for work and manage to successful, on-time completionGuide team to build scalable, maintainable solutions
- Assist in monitoring of production assets and incident management
- Participate in a thriving Engineering community, helping shape mid/long-term technical roadmap and architecture patterns for the global Engineering organization.
- Bachelors in CS, Engineering, or a related technical field. In lieu, relevant equivalent work experience.5+ years managing full-stack distributed teams.
- 10+ years experience with web applications and SaaS
- Experience working with and leading teams working with Ruby on Rails or MVC lang like (PHP, .NET or Java)Experience working with and leading teams working with React, Apollo, GraphQL, Typescript, and JEST.
- Knowledgeable on containerization and tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile processesExperience with GitHub, Jira or equivalentAbility to work in fast-paced and distributed teams.
- Masters in CS, Engineering, or other advanced degree.
- Experience managing contractorsExperience with: ES6/7, NodeJS, GraphQL, Docker, Ruby on Rails, CSS-in-JS techniques.
- Bring an ownership mindset with quality orientation and DevOps experience.
- PostgreSQL experience
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.