Senior Field Marketing Manager - Retail, Restaurants, Hospitality (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is seeking a proven B2B marketer (Retail, Restaurant and Hospitality industries) to create and execute marketing plans that meet the market’s overall objectives. You will work with the industry sales team and build strong, trusted relationships to drive their marketing plans. You’ll be responsible for creating customer acquisition campaigns, including events, outbound campaigns, and executive programs. You will be responsible for verticalizing content created by the Digital Marketing team and global campaigns team to ensure that it has the correct vernacular for each department.
Medallia is looking for someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and adept at developing field marketing programs to build and maintain relationships with prospective and existing customers in the Retail, Restaurant and Hospitality industries. You'll also regularly collaborate across the marketing organization with content, creative, product marketing, and partner marketing (and more!) to align online activity with broader campaign initiatives.
- Drive Medallia’s go-to-market strategy for your markets and influence how we prioritize and win target markets, product categories, and buyer segments
- Set the roadmap for marketing activities which will drive new pipeline and close open pipeline. You will align closely with sales to identify areas of priority
- Help evolve Medallia’s go-to-market by keeping an eye on market trends, evaluating customer needs, and prioritizing activities with product marketing, sales and solutions consultant leaders
- Monitor competitive landscapes, market trends/threats, opportunities to promote
- Spread awareness and generate demand for Medallia’s brand. You will develop and execute on field campaigns including events, seminars, industry trade shows
- You will also work cross-functionally with your marketing peers to highlight gaps and opportunities to drive further digital, webinar, social and PR needs
- Integrate and leverage partners and their value-added services or integrations where appropriate
- 5+ years experience successfully managing field marketing programs in a B2B environment
- Demonstrated initiative and follow through in a fast-paced, fluid environment with standout marketing impact
- Strong sales and customer orientation
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills, and organizational skills
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable startup culture and environment
- Thorough understanding of direct sales needs, different stages of the customer buying cycle, campaign metrics and analysis, and market intelligence resources
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, creativity, and initiative
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience driving go-to-market campaigns for a SAAS company
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience marketing technology specifically to the Retail, Restaurant, Hospitality industries preferred
- MBA is a plus
- Strong analytical skills to measure and optimize marketing investment and campaign effectiveness
- Experience working with sales leadership and cross-functional teams
- Experience with Google Apps, Tableau, Splash, Mutiny and Marketo is a plus
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.