Senior Java Developer - Speech to Text team
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
At Medallia we are always looking for the best practices to help our clients improve their customers and employees’ experiences. This time, we are transcribing call center audio calls to text and processing them through our analytics pipeline. There are multiple technical solutions the call centers might have so we plan to build all the required connectors to integrate them into the Medallia Speech to Text pipeline. This pipeline will also increase its responsibilities to support the business needs. That’s why our Speech to Text Team is growing. Our team is responsible for the pipeline and services to process these data for different customers in a scalable and resilient fashion, working with technologies like Kafka, S3 and Spring. We work very closely with the Product team to understand and propose the best solutions to bring to our customers.Join us and be part of these exciting projects and teams, it will definitely be a great experience for all of us.
- As a Software Engineer on our Speech team, you will be responsible for architecting and developing the building blocks of the next generation of products at Medallia
- You will work in a distributed team (Prague, San Mateo, Buenos Aires), with members bringing different cultural takes
- Your work will connect the world's leading businesses to their customers by helping them understand different unstructured signals based on audio transcriptions, over a service-oriented architecture
- You will solve challenging technical problems related to distributed data processing systems, applications of large scale, and help take the industry leading SaaS platform to the next level
- You will be responsible for the code quality, health and the stability of production systems for a multi tenant data processing farm and its underlying audio transcription processing pipelines
- You will collaborate with Product and Design/UX teams to build innovative new features and products for the Customer Experience space.
- You will improve the scale, quality, performance, and security of Medallia’s data processing applications
Our Engineering culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- We love technology -- and we follow the latest technologies while sharing what we learn
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe
- Strong experience in a technical role
- 4+ years software development experience on product engineering teams
- Strong experience with code quality best practices and implementing testing architectures and modularization on large codebases
- Have performed software development in a production environment using a mainstream object-oriented programming language (Java, Java Libraries, Java Frameworks preferred)
- Knowledge of Distributed Data Processing Systems
- Knowledge of Data Ingestion workflowsExperience with API frameworks, e.g. Swagger or RAML, and API lifecycle infrastructure and management tools
- Experience building high performance, well tested applications
- Strong practitioner of best practices
- Strong customer focus, ownership, and drive
- Deep experience with agile software development process
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.