Senior Legal Counsel (Remote)
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia’s global Legal team takes customer service to the next level and strives to be a competitive advantage for the company by developing solutions and powering growth. We are business partners with deep knowledge of the law and business that allows for quick, solution-oriented counsel and decision making. We are team players devoted to our colleagues and focused on the team’s victory. Most of all, we are passionate about our work, and we are always looking for opportunities to get better at what we do.
The Senior Legal Counsel position will be a key role in our dynamic legal team, reporting directly to our Head of EMEA Legal, Deputy General Counsel and will be working closely with the EMEA sales organisation across the EU on a wide range of cloud and commercial transactions to support a rapidly growing business.
- Lead smart, relationship focused contract negotiations with some of the largest and most respected companies in the world. You will be empowered to find creative, efficient ways to structure and close deals that deliver value to both Medallia and our customers. In addition to customer deals, you will focus on strategic partnership and vendor agreements.
- Provide general commercial/transactional guidance to the sales organisation to assist them in negotiating deals.
- Review, draft and negotiate legal agreements with a focus on SaaS agreements as well as other general transactional documents.
- Work closely with internal sales and professional services, revenue recognition, sales operations, and pricing teams to support processes for contracting and order processing.
- Respond to legal requests from sales functions, summarizing and communicating legal concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Handle other special projects as requested.
- 6+ years of legal experience with specialized focus on commercial transactions
- Spanish, UK or other EU qualified lawyer
- Demonstrated experience handling a range of legal matters (i.e. commercial transactions, employment, privacy, intellectual property, and/or mergers and acquisitions)
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience both at a law firm and in-house with a software or SaaS company
- Experience working with a software company in the SaaS space
- A practical, business-oriented approach and excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex legal concepts into simple, actionable recommendations
- Exceptionally strong business acumen and the ability to work effectively and efficiently on multiple projects in a busy work environment, while being a critical (and often autonomous) go-to partner for fellow peers in the company and legal department
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to grow
- Confirmed ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization while building strong internal relationships and influence across departments
- Oral and written fluency in English and other EU languages, French, or German highly preferred
- A good understanding of GDPR & Privacy Laws
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.