Senior Manager, Business Analysis
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia is looking for a Senior Manager, Business Analysis for its finance team. This individual will drive value across a broad spectrum of the Company with a particular focus on leading the Company wide planning process, driving our FP&A system adoption across the organization, and supporting a wide range of strategic analysis and decisioning. The position requires strong business partnering skills, financial reporting, planning and modeling skills, and strong business acumen. It also requires the ability to understand the big picture of the Company’s financial model, while being very detail oriented. The position will report into the Senior Director, Finance and is located in Pleasanton, CA.
- Analyze and document current and future business process models
- Analyze and document requirements (scope), business rules (use cases).
- Analyze and document data requirements (from business needs perspective)
- Plan and manage user acceptance test (UAT), and facilitate UAT; report out on UAT progress and outcomes
- Collaborate with business partners, IT Project Managers, User Experience Designers, Solution, Architects, Developers & Software Quality Assurance on scope, solutions, constraints and risks
- Mentor the teams on UX best practices and oversee the creation of prototypes & dashboards
- Perform knowledge transfer to training and communication teams
- Support user deployment activities as needed
- Lead business stakeholders and other business systems analysts thru the business analysis lifecycle
- Use Data Analysis tools and strategies to understand data trends and issues, guiding and enabling business users to understand data and data structures and draw key insights for business decisions
- 5+ years of Finance experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business or related field OR equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a Corporate Finance, SOX Compliance, Sales and Deal Desk
- Finance experience in high growth environments
- Preference for public accounting experience and experience with finance system implementation background
- SaaS industry experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and build complex models (in excel and other planning applications)
- Extremely well organized, data driven and comfort managing multiple projects/ stakeholders
- Exposure to key financial management processes as required in a scaling organization
- Experience implementing and leveraging planning software tools
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision and effective in dealing with ambiguity
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.