Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Role and Team
A phenomenal opportunity exists within Medallia’s Corporate Accounting Team as we are looking for a Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting to join the team. This key accounting role will have a unique opportunity to impact Medallia’s growth trajectory. As a member joining the corporate accounting team, this role will be playing a key role in a fast-paced environment. We have high expectations and a career at Medallia means constantly challenging yourself to be always better with a growth mindset.
- Key player in the Corporate Accounting team in the month end and quarter end process for our worldwide close process by performing accounting tasks in a variety of areas in the financial statements
- Review account reconciliations and journal entries; help prepare and review balance sheet and income statement analytics as well as develop & refine quarterly reporting packages
- Oversee day-to-day activities of accounting including managing the monthly close process, general ledger, fixed assets, inter-company & consolidations, deferred commissions, and internal / external reporting. In addition, help with coordination of statutory reporting, transactional tax and income tax provision.
- Ensure all financial data is in compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Maintain internal financial controls and procedures; ensure proper documentation and support for SOX compliance.
- Key player in the integration and post-acquisition activities and also in the implementation of new accounting pronouncements, process improvements, control enhancements and establish best practice for day-to-day activities
- Be a strategic business partner in cross functional departments to help drive the accurate and timely reporting of financial results
- Preparation of schedules for annual and quarterly reviews as required for our external auditors
- Perform ad hoc projects as assigned
- Curiosity is your middle name and you always dig deep to understand the ‘why’
- Experience in a global company, SaaS company
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited procedures currently exist
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others in cross functional teams
- Team player with unwavering integrity
- Excellent multi-tasker who has strong time and project management skills and understands the importance of planning in advance to meet deadlines that include multiple review points and iterations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar discipline
- Eight years of working experience applying US GAAP standards
- Two years of accounting experience in a publicly traded company
- Experience in a global work environment
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- NetSuite or other major ERP
- Experience in a company with strong processes and controls, preferably with public company experience
- Solid knowledge of SOX compliance requirements
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and pronouncements with exposure to broad accounting related and functional responsibilities
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.