Senior Manager, Data Acquisition (Remote US)
Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
Medallia’s Athena team believes Speech Recognition, Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning can change the world and transform the way millions of organizations interact with their customers for the better. We’re responsible for crafting ML solutions to product level problems that surprise and delight those who use them. We combine research and development in a dynamic and engaging environment.
The Data Acquisition team focuses on identifying, acquiring, annotating, and validating data assets that power Medallia’s ML-based features, including our ASR and text understanding engines. Along with the Science and Platform teams, we work closely with Product teams across the entire company. Medallia’s commitment to delivering incredible experiences to a global and diverse set of users in full respect of their privacy leads the team to explore innovative data collection processes.
This is an exciting time to join: grow fast and have an impact on many Medallia features from day one.
- Managing a team size of 10.
- Drive acquisition operations from existing and new sources (internal/external studies, licensing...) to serve ML needs across various domains (time series, text, audio), with a focus on reducing lead time and workload, and increasing diversity/throughput/coverage.
- Establish processes that facilitate the expression of needs and the efficient planning/tracking of data acquisition efforts;
- Initiate smart collection efforts (and/or data synthesis work) that minimize (or remove) the complexity of ulterior annotations.
- Beyond assets, develop innovative solutions to collect metadata (eg feedback, actions) and lead user studies in order to guide R&D work, in a way that is congruent with Medallia’s values.
- Become the org's conscience with respect to fairness and biases, pushing all parties and implementing processes to keep diversity and global coverage in mind when analyzing current datasets and creating new ones. More explicitly, working with customers and partners to ensure that we clearly meet their Ethical standards.
- Lead and develop relationships with support teams (privacy, legal, procurement, security), internal partners and external parties
- Promote reciprocal access and sharing of data across the company.
- Design and pilot the implementation of tools to facilitate the contributions of internal volunteers.
- 3-5 years of experience leading operations and establishing processes that guarantee a high level of service in a context of growing and evolving data needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellence in relationship building across organizations and functions (R&D, privacy and legal, platform...)
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges associated with building datasets that support shipping machine learning features, targeting a diverse user base, while addressing the challenges of inclusion, bias removal, fairness, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline - previous leaders have come from Statistics, Linguistics, Information Science
- Have previously developed and maintained public documentation that communicates ethical standards and processes for data collection, management and use, for customers and partners.
- Ability to innovate with internal/external partnerships and with acquisition methods that maximize value along the ML chain, e.g. time to delivery, quality and diversity of assets, work required to label/consume assets.
- Masters in related discipline
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws. For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.